Cat Fosterer Needed

Rescue Shelters - post details of cats needing homes here (NB: PLEASE put your Location in the Subject line)
If you need to rehome your own cat, please click "Find your local Cat Rescue Shelters" below...
longhairedbwcat
New Cat Chatter

Cat Fosterer Needed

Post by longhairedbwcat »

This gorgeous cat followed me home in Central London, filthy and hungry and I have now kept him in my house for 2 weeks. I cannot upload photos, please see my gumtree ad: https://www.gumtree.com/p/cats/cat-fost ... 1235056805

He is not microchipped, I have had no responses to "cat found" adverts and posters I have put up and the vets have said I can keep him. However, unfortunately, I will be working abroad from the 27th of May until mid September, so I am looking for somebody who would be willing to foster him for those months. He urgently needs a home as I am desperate not to give him to a cats and dogs home to sit in a cage.

I have fallen head over heels, as you will. I have never met a cat so remarkably calm. He is very affectionate and will sit on your lap purring until you move him. No trouble at all. Fully litter trained and he has been neutered (he must have belonged to somebody at some point). The vet has told me he is between 18 months-2years old and judging by his claws had been on the streets for a few weeks but he is now perfectly happy to stay curled up indoors.

If you like cats, you will love him. I have named him The Duke but perhaps you'll come up with a name that you prefer!! Please get in touch.

Vivienne

+447533200120
[email protected]
Marla
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 2

Re: Cat Fosterer Needed

Post by Marla »

What a lovely boy! I can see why you're smitten. I wish I could help, but we have 2 male cats, one of whom is a bit of a challenge...

Posting here and on petforums.co.uk is OK, but I'd be worried about posting on the other site you mentioned. I've heard that people pick up animals for dog fights on there, so do be careful.

Have you asked at your vet practice about fostering? They may know of someone who is willing to help for a few months.

Have you had him microchipped?

I was aware of one London rescue that also did fostering but I've just seen that they're having to apply for retrospective planning permission so it might not be a good time to contact them.