Midnight, Narla and kittens - Hyde, Manchester SK14

Rescue Shelters - post details of cats needing homes here (NB: PLEASE put your Location in the Subject line)
If you need to rehome your own cat, please click "Find your local Cat Rescue Shelters" below...
AntandSadie
Returning Cat Chatter

Midnight, Narla and kittens - Hyde, Manchester SK14

Post by AntandSadie »

Hi all,

We have two female cats, Midnight and Narla. Both have recently had kittens, Midnight's kittens are 6 weeks old and Narla's kittens are just a couple of days old. We are looking for help in re-homing the kittens as well as Midnight and Narla. The reason we want to re-home them is because we also have other pets (a male cat and a male staffy dog) and a new born baby so the house is a little overcrouded to say the least. All we ask is that they go to a loving home and are treated well.

Here is a little info about Midnight, Narla and the kittens:

Midnight
She is around 5 years old, all black fur with a hint of brown in the sunlight. She is an outdoor cat who likes to explore, but will always come home for her food and sleep. She is very loving towards my girlfriend and enjoys a good ear scratch. She can be a little nervous around new people but will soon get used to you. Trained to use a litter box if needed. Fed on dry food, wet causes her to have a bad stomach.

Narla
She is around 3 years old, all black fur with a hint of brown in the sunlight (Narla is one of Midnight's kittens from a previous litter). She has a small white patch on her throat. She is an outdoor cat but doesn't wonder too far, always returning for food and sleep. Like Midnight she is very loving towards my girlfriend but really nervous around anyone else, even me. She does not like children. There is a slight worry that she will not take to a new owner but hopefully with the right care and attension she will be ok. Trained to use a litter box if needed. Fed on dry food. Wet food and Milk causes her to get sick.

The kittens
Midnight has had 5 kittens, all the same colour as her (black with a hint of brown). 3 of them have normal short fur and 2 have longer, bushy fur. I can not tell what sex they are. These kittens are 6 weeks old. They are feeding on dry kitten food and only occasionally feeding from Midnight. They are all using a litter box.

Narla has had 4 kittens, 3 of them are the same colour as her (black with a hint of brown) and 1 has tabby markings/colouring. As they are only a couple of days old i can not really give much more information at the moment.

If anyone can help by either offering these cats a new home or pointing us in the direction of a shelter we would really appreciate it. Ideally Midnight and Narla would go to the same home however we understand this may not be possible. We are not expecting the kittens (Midnight's or Narla's) to be kept togeather but if anyone did want to take more than 1 that would be great. Another option would be for Narla and her kittens to go to a shelter for re-homing. Obviously we do not want paying for any of them, all we want is to know they will be well looked after in a loving home.

We live in Hyde, Manchester but are able to travel if needed. Please ask for any contact details if you wish to speak to us. I will try to upload some pics later today when i am home.

Many thanks in advance.

Ant and Sadie
madhouse
Returning Cat Chatter

Re: Midnight, Narla and kittens - Hyde, Manchester SK14

Post by madhouse »

Hi just wondered if this was all sorted now
AntandSadie
Returning Cat Chatter

Post by AntandSadie »

Hi, we have found homes for 2 of Midnights kittens, we still have the other 3. Narlas kittens are still too young to be re-homed but we are looking. We have had no luck re-homing Midnight or Narla as of yet.

Thanks
madhouse
Returning Cat Chatter

Post by madhouse »

If you need help with fostering any of the kittens I can help I'm home all day x
AntandSadie
Returning Cat Chatter

Post by AntandSadie »

Thanks for the offer, what exactly do you mean by fostering? That sounds silly i know but we have not done this before lol
Chloedee
New Cat Chatter

Post by Chloedee »

Hey I take in cats of all ages, if you do need help just let me no my email adders is [email protected] xx
AntandSadie
Returning Cat Chatter

Post by AntandSadie »

Hi Madhouse, i had an email saying you had posted again but i can not see the post on here. If you can help with fostering the kittens that would be great!

Hi Chloedee, thanks for your reply. i have emailed you :)
AntandSadie
Returning Cat Chatter

Post by AntandSadie »

madhouse i have now replied to your e-mail about fostering. i didnt realise i could reply direct to you lol
Jacks
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 7

Post by Jacks »

Please be careful to check the authenticity of people who offer to take your cats. It is important that they are really going to caring homes. Not wanting to sound miserable, but if someone says they are willing to take 'all your cats' I would be very concerned that they could be destined for resale or even dog baiting. These things do happen.

I hope you are able to find good loving homes for these little ones - and please get your two females spayed ASAP before you give them away - or they could just be used for breeding more hard-to-home cats when rescues are already full...
Chloedee
New Cat Chatter

Post by Chloedee »

As much as I agree there are baiters around not everyone's like that, if your referring to me taking them "all" in I merely stated I have started to take cats of any age in, I don't have any in at the minute but I've turned my house in to a cat rescue, in a sense where I live we have the rspca but numerous times I've called them and they refused to take in abandoned kittens, I have been homechecked by various different rescues and passed with flying colours, I will only at the minute take a litter or a adult cat or mother and kittens at a time as don't want to rush things that's why I offered my help, there are genuine people like me out there :)
Jacks
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 7

Post by Jacks »

That's wonderful Chloedee - the world needs more people like you :-)

I hope something can be arranged quickly and the two mums can get 'sorted' as well and find happy homes. My home is turning into a bit of a cat-magnet, not of my doing - I'm now feeding 6 every day, 3 who I officially adopted, 1 who has moved in having been a neighbourhood feral for years, another lost feralish boy/girl who has arrived for the food and my neighbour's cat who has to wait until her children have been delivered at school in the morning before he gets fed - and I can't feed my ferals without feeding him or he nicks it!

I know there are probably more genuine people out there than baiters but it's always a worry when inexperienced people offer their cats for free, especially when they are desperate, as not all the world is kind and caring. I knew nothing about cats myself until July 2012 when a stray cat abandoned a kitten in our garden, and we knew we had to take her in...

I do wish you every success in caring for mums and babies - please let us know how things are going - maybe in the rescue and rehoming general thread - it will help other people know what can be done and there are lots of really experienced people here on CatChat for behavioural and health issues. ;)