Home needed for Poppy Long haired Tabby Northants but will travel anywhere

Rescue Shelters - post details of cats needing homes here (NB: PLEASE put your Location in the Subject line)
If you need to rehome your own cat, please click "Find your local Cat Rescue Shelters" below...
juliemfc
New Cat Chatter

Home needed for Poppy Long haired Tabby Northants but will travel anywhere

Post by juliemfc »

Hi I am looking for a home for my beautiful fur baby through no fault of her own.
I recently moved into shared accommodation where there is a dog that hates cats.
My son took her on and he has 2 young children.
Poppy is petrified of them and consequently started messing in the house. This never happened when I had her.
Now she is living outside and annoying the neighbours by going into their houses uninvited.
If I cannot find a home in the next week she will unfortunately be put down which would break my heart.

She likes nothing more than a cuddle and adores being brushed.
She is approximately 13yrs old and healthy. She has also been speyed.

Please someone out there help x
Cat-FAQ
Cat Chat Adviser

Re: Home needed for Poppy Long haired Tabby Northants but will travel anywhere

Post by Cat-FAQ »

Cat Chat’s rehoming advice page might help, which also includes advice on ways to avoid having to rehome: https://www.catchat.org/index.php/rehome-pet-cat
David LB
Returning Cat Chatter

Post by David LB »

I've been lurking on the CatChat forum for some years, reading posts. I was prompted to register now because of this poor cat's situation as we are in Warwickshire, not so far away from Northants, and are concerned about this cat's fate as we may possibly be able to do something about it.

Have you managed to rehome Poppy yet?

If not:

Is she vaccinated?

Is she OK with other cats? If so, is she confident or timid with them?

Would she be happy as an indoor cat with access to an outside enclosure?

We have no children. We've had a series of rescue cats for over 20 years and currently have one 11 year old neutered female called Tink. Tink has bullied timid cats but will back off with more confident cats. We had two cats until August 2017 when we had to have our other cat PTS because of cancer. They never got on well with one another - it became more of a truce eventually when our late cat Socksie learned to stand up for herself.

I do website work for Stourbridge Cats Protection, and my wife and I did a great deal of volunteering some years ago for Rugby Cats Protection.

Look forward to hearing from you. If you want to discuss this privately, please let us have an email address or telephone number in your reply (best to insert random symbols to stop spambots using them and let us know what to delete if necessary).

David.
juliemfc
New Cat Chatter

Post by juliemfc »

Hi David,

The only thing that I have managed is a place at Animals in Need. They have agreed to take her next Saturday.

Obviously I would prefer her to go straight to a new home.

Poppy unfortunately has not been vaccinated but I am prepared to pay for this.

She is fine with other cats and confident. She likes to spend most of her time indoors on a window sill watching the world go by.

She is very intelligent and reacts to her name or Pops and she can outstare anyone. She loves fuss and being brushed and combed which is a must as she can easily get matted.

She has been regularly deflead and wormed. She doesn't have many teeth left. She likes wet and dry food.

If you would like to ring me it's o7931xx664521

Look forward to hearing from you.

Many thanks

Julie
David LB
Returning Cat Chatter

Post by David LB »

Hi Julie,

Thanks for your reply. It's good that you have a place at Animals In Need for Poppy next Saturday, as finding places for older cats at places like that is very difficult.

We were concerned that she was going to be PTS next week if nothing had been found for her and were not otherwise looking for another cat at present. Given how confident and friendly Poppy is, we hope it means she would not stay long in the shelter.

As our first posting showed, we're not at all sure how well our cat Tink would take to having any new cat in the house, although it was a risk we were prepared to take to save Poppy, who sounds like a wonderfully friendly cat. So, as Poppy now has a place at a no-kill rescue and rehoming centre, we feel it best for both cats that she goes to Animals In Need.

We're sorry that this is not the answer you had hoped for as obviously a good home for Poppy is what she needs but we're sure that Animals In Need will do their best to find one for her.

Best wishes,

David.
juliemfc
New Cat Chatter

Post by juliemfc »

No problem thank you anyway x