I’ve had a difficult start

Rescue Shelters - post details of cats needing homes here (NB: PLEASE put your Location in the Subject line)
If you need to rehome your own cat, please click "Find your local Cat Rescue Shelters" below...
Helen50
New Cat Chatter

I’ve had a difficult start

Post by Helen50 »

I’m looking for a new home for Scratch. He had been a stray and then in an animal sanctuary. We offered him a new home and in the 6 months we’ve had him he has come along in leaps and bounds. He was initially very scared and would lash out, we think because he had been abused in the past.
Scratch is now a beautiful, characterful and much more laid back cat. The problem is that he doesn’t get on with our existing cat and chases her. She is now displaying stress behaviour. We’ve tried now for 6 months, but it is now unfair on our existing cat. So we have made the reluctant decision to have Scratch rehomed.
Scratch is around 3 years old, black and white, long haired. Can send pictures if required
Janey
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: I’ve had a difficult start

Post by Janey »

Hi and welcome. Sorry to hear that things aren’t working out with your adopted cat. Usually though if you adopt a cat from a rescue then they would prefer you contact them, if for any reason you need to rehome the cat, that’s been the case for all the cats I’ve homed. Have you been in touch with the rescue? Definitely get in touch if not please, it’s better to go through a rescue and I am sure the rescue would prefer you did that.