Young male and female tabby siblings

Rescue Shelters - post details of cats needing homes here (NB: PLEASE put your Location in the Subject line)
If you need to rehome your own cat, please click "Find your local Cat Rescue Shelters" below...
Dodgersmum
New Cat Chatter

Young male and female tabby siblings

Post by Dodgersmum »

My first posting on this lovely forum - any help and/or advice would be hugely appreciated.

2 and a half years ago, a young professional couple moved in next door. They purchased two sibling dark tabbies, a male and female.
Since then the poor female has been left to have over 20 kittens, the owners have no cat flap and often go away without leaving any provision for the care of the cats. We had one kitten from the first litter, installed a cat flap and have since provided love, food and shelter to her mother and uncle too.
Without us I dread to think what would have become of these beautiful loving and laid back cats who show a lot of affection towards each other.

The couple now have two dogs and are moving away with no inclination at all of taking their cats with them. We are ofcourse getting them neutered immediately but simply don't have room for two cats as well as our own and an elderly dog. However, I would only let them go to a responsible owner as a pair and nowhere near a road as they are not used to traffic - we live adjacent to a country park. We would provide enough food for the first month and any vet records.

Their temperaments really are as lovely as their appearance and they love nothing more than curling up on a warm lap for attention. We will be heartbroken to see them leave but I will not let them be split up. We are in Leicestershire and willing to transport within reason and ONLY to the right potential loving and responsible owners.

Thank you for reading this.
Cat-FAQ
Cat Chat Adviser

Re: Young male and female tabby siblings

Post by Cat-FAQ »

Cat Chat’s rehoming advice page might help, which also includes advice on ways to avoid having to rehome: https://www.catchat.org/index.php/rehome-pet-cat