Urgent Home Needed - Please Help

Rescue Shelters - post details of cats needing homes here (NB: PLEASE put your Location in the Subject line)
If you need to rehome your own cat, please click "Find your local Cat Rescue Shelters" below...
katrinamillen
New Cat Chatter

Urgent Home Needed - Please Help

Post by katrinamillen »

Hi Everyone

I am currently in the process of selling the home I own with my ex-partner and will be moving to a house share very soon where I will be unable to take my 2 cats with me. I have been trying for months to rehome them but unfortunately, nobody I know wants them or is in a position to adopt them. They have been on the cat protection rehoming website for months but I have not had any interest. For the past few weeks, I have been trying to find someone who might be willing to foster them until a permanent home could be found, I am even willing to pay for their food, litter etc, I just want to ensure they have a safe place to go to. I have called the cat protection agency and they have advised they are not an urgent case and I should find someone to look after them which is what I have been trying to do!

I am desperate to find them a safe home, even if it is temporary. I have been advised to advertise them on Facebook which I am very concerned about as previously I have been advised not too due to potential attracting people who may want to abuse them. If anyone has any advice about this it would be much appreciated.

If you are or know of someone in a position to help reduce my cats please contact me ASAP. I have included a description and pictures below.

Best Wishes

Kat

Lukas and Candice are both 4-years old, they have been neutered, microchipped and have no health problems. Lukas is larger size long-haired black fluffy cat, he is able to manage his fur well on his own but sometimes requires help with matting behind his ears. He is a little timid around strangers but very affectionate with people who bond with him. Lukas will engage in play with toys and is happy to be picked up and cuddled. Candice is a slim larger-sized tabby cat with unique features including ear tips and a spotted belly. Candice is extremely friendly and is confident around strangers. She is quite independent but loves to be petted and greets her loved ones with a nose kiss.

Preferably Lukas and Candice will be rehomed together as they have lived together all their lives. They both enjoy spending time outside and will need to be able to g outdoors. Both cats are happy to be left alone but do require and seek out human company. If you require cat beds, bowls, toys etc, Lukas and Candice are happy to bring their own with them and can to travel to any potential owners in the UK.

If you are interested in adopting Lukas and Candice, please contact me as I have many pictures, videos and stories that I can share with you, and I am happy to arrange a viewing in person or via video.

ACS_0001 (1).JPG
PHOTO-2020-05-26-18-51-41.jpg
PHOTO-2020-05-26-18-53-25.jpg
Cat-FAQ
Cat Chat Adviser

Re: Urgent Home Needed - Please Help

Post by Cat-FAQ »

Hi Kat,

Cat Chat’s rehoming advice page might help: https://www.catchat.org/index.php/rehome-pet-cat

You could also email Cat Chat’s Help Desk for further advice: cat.advice (at) catchat.org

I hope you find a safe home for Lukas and Candice soon.