URGENT HOME NEEDED FOR 7 YEAR OLD BLUE *West Yorkshire*

Rescue Shelters - post details of cats needing homes here (NB: PLEASE put your Location in the Subject line)
If you need to rehome your own cat, please click "Find your local Cat Rescue Shelters" below...
imof
New Cat Chatter

URGENT HOME NEEDED FOR 7 YEAR OLD BLUE *West Yorkshire*

Post by imof »

Hi,
I wondered if anybody would be able to rehome our housecat Russian blue kitten Ivy. She is 7 year old and generally is the loveliest kitten. Despite being a housecat, she will go outside, not venturing out of the garden or anywhere too loud. She was a rescue kitten when we got her and we nursed her back to health After some slight trauma in the past, she recently attacked myself, but has been fine with the rest of the household. We are assuming she is associating me with the event and has attacked me since.
None of us want to see her go and definitely not put down, but its beginning to change the dynamic in the house as I refuse to go near her out of fear and is becoming the brunt of most family arguments. She is a lovely cat the majority of the time and is a lovely companion. We just feel at this time she may need a new owner who has more experience in this field.
PLEASE can anyone help?!
Advice or new home urgently please!!!
Cat-FAQ
Cat Chat Adviser

Re: URGENT HOME NEEDED FOR 7 YEAR OLD BLUE *West Yorkshire*

Post by Cat-FAQ »

Hi,

The following links may be useful:

Cat Chat’s aggression in cats advice page, which offers advice on the most common causes of cat aggression, and how to recognise and deal with it: https://www.catchat.org/index.php/cat-b ... aggression

Cat Chat’s rehoming advice page, which also includes advice on ways to avoid having to rehome: https://www.catchat.org/index.php/rehome-pet-cat

You could also email Cat Chat’s Help Desk for further advice: cat.advice (at) catchat.org