Homeless cat needs home - North London

Rescue Shelters - post details of cats needing homes here (NB: PLEASE put your Location in the Subject line)
If you need to rehome your own cat, please click "Find your local Cat Rescue Shelters" below...
harry_s
Returning Cat Chatter

Homeless cat needs home - North London

Post by harry_s »

Hi

I have been somewhat caring for and feeding a homeless cat over the last month.

He is very friendly and no longer looks underweight.

I can't afford to keep him and I already own a cat who is very jealous.

He is black and very small and vocal with cute green eyes.

I would be sad to not see him around anymore but I think he deserves a warm and loving home.

Please contact me if you are interested in adopting and I'll try my best to help you.
Attachments
WhatsApp Image 2020-06-05 at 12.45.20.jpeg
Cat-FAQ
Cat Chat Adviser

Re: Homeless cat needs home - North London

Post by Cat-FAQ »

Hi,

Thanks for caring for this cat. Cat Chat’s rehoming advice page contains some information that might help you to rehome this cat successfully: https://www.catchat.org/index.php/rehome-pet-cat

You could also email Cat Chat’s Help Desk for further advice: cat.advice (at) catchat.org
thekimaffair
New Cat Chatter

Post by thekimaffair »

Hey there,

Was this beautiful cat rehomed, as I am looking for another cat?

Thanks,
Kim
harry_s
Returning Cat Chatter

Post by harry_s »

Hi

No, he is still about. Do you live in North London?
thekimaffair
New Cat Chatter

Post by thekimaffair »

Hey there,

Yes I live just off Camden Road, where in North London are you? Do you think he would get on well with other cats?

Thanks,
Kim
harry_s
Returning Cat Chatter

Post by harry_s »

Hi, yes he seems very friendly but my cat is territorial when he comes in and around my house. He also does not look to have been neutered and probably not microchipped. I live in Southgate. Can I take an email address to contact you?
Mufticat
New Cat Chatter

Post by Mufticat »

Harry, please get him checked for a microchip before you send him outside the area he knows? Also have you been able to fit him with paper collars to see if anyone knows where he's supposed to live. It's a good idea to check every possibility before sending him away. There's an adoption centre in Junction Road, N8, and another brand new cats protection centre opened in harrow. Please check with them as I know they've been taking cats in all through the pandemic for rehoming.
thekimaffair
New Cat Chatter

Post by thekimaffair »

Hi Harry,
I saw your email. I have now adopted a second cat, but the small grey cat you have found (if you think its a stray), could be taken to the Mayhew in NW London, as they are. fantastic animal charity and shelter.

Oy maybe someone on here could suggest a shelter?

https://themayhew.org.

Good luck.
YogiBoy
Site Admin
No. of cats in household: 2

Post by YogiBoy »

Hi Harry,
If this cat is still needing a home (and potentially neutering) please email our Helpdesk as originally suggested, they will give you all the details you need: cat.advice (at) catchat.org

or details for all rescue organisations near you: https://www.catchat.org/shelters

Better sooner rather than later - before Kitten season starts if he is not neutered!

Thanks!