Homes needed for 2 boys (Doncaster S Yorks)

Rescue Shelters - post details of cats needing homes here (NB: PLEASE put your Location in the Subject line)
If you need to rehome your own cat, please click "Find your local Cat Rescue Shelters" below...
Hardabit
New Cat Chatter

Homes needed for 2 boys (Doncaster S Yorks)

Post by Hardabit »

Hello, sadly my step-daughter died suddenly and unexpectedly yesterday leaving 3 dogs and 2 cats needing to be rehomed. My wife and I already have 7 cats and a dog and simply cannot fit any more animals into our house. The 2 cats are both boys both neutered. I'm not sure on status of vaccinations and chips yet but am more than happy to pay for this to be done. Connor is a big friendly soppy lad about 10 Yrs old and is used to going outdoors but is equally happy inside (especially if you carry him around like a baby all day). Murphy is approx 5 Yrs old and quite a nervous / shy guy - he has always been an indoor cat. We seem to be having some success at rehoming the dogs (think we got homes for 2 so far) but we're concerned at finding homes for these boys asap as it's a fairly big problem to get out to her house everyday to feed and water them and give them some attention. Any help received gratefully
Cat-FAQ
Cat Chat Adviser

Re: Homes needed for 2 boys (Doncaster S Yorks)

Post by Cat-FAQ »

Hi,

I’m so sorry to hear that your step-daughter has passed away.

If you haven’t already seen Cat Chat’s rehoming advice page, the information there might help you to find homes for her two cats: https://www.catchat.org/index.php/rehom ... t#rehoming

I’d recommend that you contact as many local rescues as possible to explain the situation and see whether they are able to find spaces for the cats. You can find a list of rescues in South Yorkshire here: https://www.catchat.org/index.php/cat-r ... -yorkshire

If you need any further advice, please feel free to email Cat Chat’s Help Desk: cat.advice (at) catchat.org

I hope that helps.
Hardabit
New Cat Chatter

Re: Homes needed for 2 boys (Doncaster S Yorks)

Post by Hardabit »

Update. We've found a permanent home for them we believe. Our adopter is currently looking for a new house that will allow pets but we've had friends and family step up and the boys will be homed as long as necessary until their new dad can take them