TEMPORARY HOME NEED

Rescue Shelters - post details of cats needing homes here (NB: PLEASE put your Location in the Subject line)
If you need to rehome your own cat, please click "Find your local Cat Rescue Shelters" below...
Lovely-Lola
New Cat Chatter

TEMPORARY HOME NEED

Post by Lovely-Lola »

Hi everyone!

Started two days ago I became extremely worried because I have no idea how to solve the situation of my cat (Lola) and I'm looking for a solution.

Firstly, I’ll specify the interested areas:
- until 5th January – my cat and me are in Winchester (anyone who wants can take her anytime from my place, because I’ll be able to transport her only on 4th or 5th January anywhere for distance to Dibden/New Forest/Southampton or for distance to Peterborough/Cambridgshire);
- starting with 6th January – I’ll be happy to find someone in Peterborough or around (but, depending of replies, I’ll try to adapt for any situation… I’m really desperated.)

My friend who keeps my cat (in Winchester) sent me a message three days ago that starting with 5th January 2021 cannot continue to keep Lola because she intends to move to another house in a very short time.

I urgently need to find her a temporary home, only for a while - until I'll find for me a new home in Peterborough where I’ll can live with my cat again. That means a few weeks ... maybe a maximum 2 or 3 months ...?

My lovely cat Lola can live inside (use litter), but also outside (use the special small door). I have already bought a few kilograms of food (wet and dry), sand, new litter. She is not the kind of naughty cat, she is quiet and sometimes she likes to play (but it is good to guard your fingers because she does not withdraw her claws), she also loves to play inside the "hide and seek" game. She is very obedient, adapts quickly and understands immediately if she is not allowed to do something.

Please help me, I only have a few days left to find a solution for it. If you need more details (about me / Lola), I will be happy to provide you.

In other words: I intend to become cat fosterer in a few months to help people and their little friends, especially after I have realized how difficult it is to solve a situation like mine.

Many thanks and I'm waiting for an answer!
Cat-FAQ
Cat Chat Adviser

Re: TEMPORARY HOME NEED

Post by Cat-FAQ »

Hi,

The following pages on the main Cat Chat site might be useful for you, if you haven’t already seen them:

Cat Chat’s rehoming advice page: https://www.catchat.org/index.php/rehome-pet-cat

Cat Chat’s rescue shelter listings: https://www.catchat.org/shelters

There may be some rescue and rehoming organisations that can help or advise you.

There is an organisation called People & Pets Advocates (PAPAS), who can sometimes arrange short-term foster care, although it may depend on whether they have foster carers in your area. You can find out more on their website here: http://www.papas.org.uk/about.html

Another option might be to try and find a boarding cattery for Lola. You can find out more about boarding catteries here: https://www.catchat.org/index.php/choos ... ng-cattery

You could also email Cat Chat’s Help Desk for further advice: cat.advice (at) catchat.org
Lorrhan65
New Cat Chatter

Post by Lorrhan65 »

Can anyone help! I have a 10 year old grey Male neutered cat called ‘Ronnie’ he is very needy wants to be picked up and cuddled and always sleeps on my lap, or bed if he can get in! Unfortunately I have to leave the UK for 6 months!!! I need temporary foster care! Because I want him back upon my return! I can’t leave him home all day for a cat sitter, he will get depressed! I have no cat flap, his bed is in the shed, when I go to work but I can’t leave him in the shed through the winter months! He needs a warm loving home! Until I return 😿
I live near Bude in Cornwall my leaving/return date is November/May.
I hope there is someone who can help 🤞🏼
Cat-FAQ
Cat Chat Adviser

Post by Cat-FAQ »

Lorrhan65 wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 9:46 pm Can anyone help! I have a 10 year old grey Male neutered cat called ‘Ronnie’ he is very needy wants to be picked up and cuddled and always sleeps on my lap, or bed if he can get in! Unfortunately I have to leave the UK for 6 months!!! I need temporary foster care! Because I want him back upon my return! I can’t leave him home all day for a cat sitter, he will get depressed! I have no cat flap, his bed is in the shed, when I go to work but I can’t leave him in the shed through the winter months! He needs a warm loving home! Until I return 😿
I live near Bude in Cornwall my leaving/return date is November/May.
I hope there is someone who can help 🤞🏼
Hello

You may be better beginning a new post for this as this topic has not been updated since January 2021.

We are often asked about temporary fostering services, and our HelpDesk has a comprehensive list of suggestions. Also they may have details of regional fostering services available, depending on where you live. So I would suggest emailing them on: [email protected] letting them know which area you live in, and they will send you all our current suggestions.

I hope you find someone to care for your cat.