Cat in need of a temporary home

Rescue Shelters - post details of cats needing homes here (NB: PLEASE put your Location in the Subject line)
If you need to rehome your own cat, please click "Find your local Cat Rescue Shelters" below...
ninabrebner
New Cat Chatter

Cat in need of a temporary home

Post by ninabrebner »

Hi all

I really hope you can all help?

Several months ago a stray cat arrived at our front door, under weight and scraggly. We took him to the vets and had him checked over all was fine.

We waited to see if he would leave and find his way home, but instead he sat at our door every day for a month until we let him in. By the way we have named him Jeffrey.

He is very quiet, a real outdoor cat, he often opts to sit in the garden over the house. Oddly he likes birds he has a group of magpies that are his friends he sits on the lawn amongst them and a Seagal that he shares his meals with. He sleeps outside at night under a tree or in the utility if it is raining - he hates the rain. He is not a playful cat, but he is super loving - he loves his strokes and snuggling on the sofa, sometimes on your chest and he has a loud purr!!

I am presently living with the in-laws and they do not want to keep him, mainly because their cat does not get on with him - more a problem with their cat then Jeffrey, Jeffrey is strangely placid and non-confrontational but the other cat has a real issue with him.

My husband and I have brought a place to live in but it could be 4 months before we can move in and in the mean time I need to put Jeffrey somewhere either on a temporary basis until we are in our own place or for someone to take him long term - where he can have a loving home.

I would be grateful for any support in ensuring this cat has a really loving and caring home.

Thanks

Photos in the below URL for download
https://www.dropbox.com/s/gm9zfr15g4u1w ... .24.12.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://www.dropbox.com/s/g3usqumys4n51 ... .24.55.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Nina