Indoor retirement home /sanctuary for Special needs furbabies - Oxon

Post here if you can offer a loving, permanent home to a cat (NB: PLEASE put your Location in the Subject line)
Post Reply
User avatar
The Craft-E-Kittens
New Cat Chatter
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:19 pm
No. of cats in household: 2
Location: Shrivenham, Oxfordshire

Indoor retirement home /sanctuary for Special needs furbabies - Oxon

Post by The Craft-E-Kittens » Sat May 11, 2019 11:39 am

Good morning, I hope you don't mind me putting feelers out for any special needs cats looking for a last chance home in our indoor sanctuary? We currently have space for 1,2 or 3 more fur-family residents depending on the severity of their needs, although we're in development stages of increasing our capacity/cabin arrangements further. I'm also putting feelers out to other rescues and sources so don't feel annoyed if we're already full by the time a needy beauty has come to the forefront.. we're more than happy to discuss any opportunities but may regrettably have to decline depending on timing or requirements!
We have experience in caring for cats with CRF, Neurological disorders, IBD, FHV-1, Eczema, FIV+, Vision Loss, Heart Murmur, Hearing difficulty etc....(over the past 15yrs to present date)

Returning Cat Chatter
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed May 15, 2019 3:39 pm

Re: Indoor retirement home /sanctuary for Special needs furbabies - Oxon

Post by Karen+Muis » Thu May 16, 2019 6:03 am

Dear .....,

I’m not sure if you still have room. I am looking for a temporary ( several months) residence and if need be permanent for my 15 year English grey. She has arthritis and is on meds. I am prepared to supply everything needed for her stay. So the only thing she needs is lots of attention. She is not used to other cats and is a big chicken, she has been beaten up by the neighbors cat in the past. She is fine with a dog.

The reason I am contacting you we are moving back to the UK after 20 years in Holland in June / July. To begin with we will stay with family and there are already 3 dogs and 2 cats. It will take us several months to get jobs which will decide where we settle. After which if you don’t mind I would love to collect her, however if she has settled and you want her to stay we can can then discuss it. A cattery is not really an option because she suffered when she has gone to them in the past.

I am prepared to pay something but as you can imagine we are on a very tight budget. I really hope you can help as we had 2 houses on offer and last week they both cancelled 😪

Kind regards karen

Post Reply