Looking for a female tabby or mixed breed kitten

Post here if you can offer a loving, permanent home to a cat (NB: PLEASE put your Location in the Subject line)
LouisG_21
New Cat Chatter

Looking for a female tabby or mixed breed kitten

Post by LouisG_21 »

Hello! I'm new to this website so not entirely sure if this will get any response...

After our cat passed away 18 months ago, we have finally decided it's time to have a new feline join the family. We are ideally looking for a tabby girl or a mixed breed but of course this depends on what becomes available at what price. Unfortunately we do have a bit of a budget of £150 so that is what we would be happy to pay should the right kitten come along!
We are hoping to home a kitten by the end of January but we would be happy to wait a bit longer if they are not ready to leave their home yet.

We don't have any dogs or small children so all the focus would be on them!

Like I said, we've homed a cat from a kitten before and so we know how to treat them.

If you have any questions or think you could offer me what I've advertised then don't hesitate to contact me on here :)
Louis
Kay
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: Looking for a female tabby or mixed breed kitten

Post by Kay »

you haven't given your location, Louis
timgreen7
New Cat Chatter

Post by timgreen7 »

Hello Louis,

You sound fantastic, I am trying to find the right home for my Tabby Giblet.
She is not a kitten, she is 4.5 years old, we have had her as a rescue from 6 weeks. She is very playful and loads of fun, she is very affectionate and makes for fantastic company around the house. However, she is not particularly cuddly, and has become increasingly stressed since the arrival of both my youngest daughter and several other cats on the street. We are also looking to move abroad at the end of this year, hence the need to find a new home for our cat.

We are based in Leeds, I would be more than happy to travel if needed, and there would be no charge for the right home. She is neutered and microchipped, very clean and well behaved around the house (no damage to furniture).

Please feel free to contact me if you have any queries, or feel as if you may be able to help. My mobile is 07789001370

Thanks,

Tim
Jane

Post by Jane »

Hi Louis,

Well done for thinking of rescuing! Main kitten season is April to November, (although some rescues will have a few kittens at other times of year). It's also worth considering ‘older kittens’ between 6 - 12 months old.

First, please check out our Cats Needing Homes section to see cats/kittens posted to Cat Chat who are looking for a home - just choose your area from the map here: http://www.catchat.org/shelter_centre/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

or, find your local cat rescue shelters here: http://www.catchat.org/adoption" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If there are no kittens at your local shelters at the moment, ask them to put you on their kittens waiting list. Kittens shouldn't leave mum until they are at least 8 or 9 weeks old, even better 10 – 12 weeks. As you haven't got a cat already, please consider adopting two, as they love companionship, and will settle in quicker with another cat or kitten around.

Hope that helps, best of luck!

Jane
Cat Chat