LOOKING FOR A HOME FOR MY BELOVED MAINE COON

Post here if you can offer a loving, permanent home to a cat (NB: PLEASE put your Location in the Subject line)
Rain657
New Cat Chatter

LOOKING FOR A HOME FOR MY BELOVED MAINE COON

Post by Rain657 »

Due to circumstances beyond our control we have to move out of our current home and where we are moving too we cant take our cat.
We have had her since a kitten and it is breaking our hearts. I am looking for a loving home, someone who will give her the warmth and care she needs.
she is a beautiful healthy black and white maine coon, just turned 6, chipped, spayed and is happiest chilling on a windowsill watching the birds or lazing somewhere warm. She is quite timid of new people, but what cat isn't. She is a large cat, not as big as the males but she is big. I only have 6 weeks to find her a home and I just need to know she is loved and cared for, I don't want to have to take her to a shelter. I am in the Fareham area, hampshire. Can anyone help me?
Crewella
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 6

Re: LOOKING FOR A HOME FOR MY BELOVED MAINE COON

Post by Crewella »

Sorry to hear that you're having to give her up. It might be worth contacting the Maine Coon Cat Club, as they might have a section that deals with rehomings?
Marla
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 2

Post by Marla »

I'm really sorry you need to give up your cat. :(

If you rehome privately, please do a home check.

This person posted a few months ago looking for an adult Maine Coon female:
http://www.catchat.org/felineforum/view ... =12&t=4225
You could send them a private message via their profile.
Mrs Kane
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by Mrs Kane »

I used to live in that area. I will make a facebook post for you and see if any of my friends want (or know someone who wants) to adopt a cat. If I hear anything I'll get back to you.

EDIT: I put this post up. If you have already found a good home then let me know and I'll take the post down.
Attention people of Hampshire! We have a cat in need of rehoming. She's a beautiful Maine Coon and her owner is being forced to put her up for adoption.
She is 6 years old and has only ever had one owner. She has had all the check-ups needs and is chipped and spayed. If you are looking to adopt a lovely fluffy cat then please message me and I will tell the owner you're interested. (Owner lives in Fareham)
The owner only has 3 weeks left to find her a home or she'll have to put her in a shelter. If you're looking for a good PERMANENT! family pet there is no better option.
Mrs Kane
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Mrs Kane »

Hi, two friends of mine would be happy to take her. One I know would be a good fit and she lives in Havant. The other lives in Bromley.
MarkB
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 4

Post by MarkB »

You might be better sending the OP an email as it appears she hasn't logged into catchat since the day of the post.
Mrs Kane
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Mrs Kane »

I tried just such a thing but she hasn't replied to me. :( I'm hoping this is because the owner has already found a good home. *fingers crossed*