Loving home in Stevenage

Post here if you can offer a loving, permanent home to a cat (NB: PLEASE put your Location in the Subject line)
Natuski
New Cat Chatter

Loving home in Stevenage

Post by Natuski »

Hi,
Looking for a female cat aged 1-2yrs to join our family! We live in Stevenage and have a cat flap and a garden, we have a 7yr old son and no other pets. In touch with local rescue centres but if anyone has a cat they need to rehome that they think would suit us please get in touch.
Thanks
Natalie
Cat-FAQ
Cat Chat Adviser

Re: Loving home in Stevenage

Post by Cat-FAQ »

The following links might be useful for you, there may be some rescues you’ve not tried:
Cat Chat’s ‘Cats Needing Homes’ section: http://www.catchat.org/shelter_centre
Or, find your local rescue shelters here: http://www.catchat.org/index.php/cat-re ... uk-ireland
Hope that helps.
pawsandpurrs
New Cat Chatter

Re: Loving home in Stevenage

Post by pawsandpurrs »

Hi Natalie,

Saw your post and was wondering if you had managed to adopt a cat as yet?

I am looking to rehome a young female cat- Harley Quinn- who I found in a pretty poor condition, over the summer. Since extensive attempts to locate the owners led to nothing, I tried to integrate her into my feline family of four (all of whom are rescues who, after much careful introduction and ongoing work, have learned to live in harmony), but this hasn't worked out.

While Harley's a little shy to start out with, she's very affectionate with humans, but she doesn't get along with other cats, so am looking for an adoptive family with no other pets. Given her propensity to attack three out of my four other cats (and any other random cats that she encounters, or sees in the distance!) I am keeping her segregated (upstairs!) for safety whilst also ensuring that she has regular exercise outside for 2-3 hours a day. Although she has been on the local Cats Protection waiting list since August, I would prefer to rehome her myself, if possible, rather than take up valuable space at their shelter (where she wouldn't be able to get as much exercise and ongoing attention as she does at my house).

Harley's been spayed and had her vaccinations, and her health has improved greatly while she's been with me; she now just needs 1 daily dose of 1.5 ml Lactulose (as advised by the vet), which only costs about £5 a bottle and lasts for over a month, and she's great about taking this (no holding down, struggling or stress at all- I give it to her right before her dinner and now she actually purrs when she sees the syringe!).

Anyway, please do let me know if you are still looking. I'm happy to tell you more about Harley without obligation and to send pics/videos if you'd find this helpful. While I live quite a way away from you (in Nottingham), finding the RIGHT, loving home for Harley is my priority, and therefore I'm prepared to travel to make this happen for her.