Burmese Cat HOme offered in Kent

Post here if you can offer a loving, permanent home to a cat (NB: PLEASE put your Location in the Subject line)
canterburycats
New Cat Chatter

Burmese Cat HOme offered in Kent

Post by canterburycats »

Hello everyone.. I have not been on Catchat for some time but i wonder with the larger audience anyone may know anyone who can assist in our request for finding a Bumese cat that is looking for a new home.

Several years ago through netoworking on cat forums i was able to rehome a Burmese cat to a family member who travelled to Birmingham to pick up a 7yr old old Brown Male Burmese and he had a very full and active life in the Kent countryside. Oscar passed away back in July and the family is now looking to see if we can also find anotehr Burmese out there that is in need of a loving, very experienced cat home, where he will be loved and given the best we can offer. Due to my success last time, i have set the bar quite high.

We have already been in contact with Burmese welfare and rescue, not looking for kittens. I am a Cats Protection volunteer and very aware that this may be a hard task but you never know. The home does not have any young children, does have another 5y old female Burmese, would be an outdoor cat as we are very rural. Very experienced owners who are aware of the personality of the Burmese breed. Willing to travel. Ideally looking for a male (brown) up to 6yr of age.

Its a big ask and i have tried to make family members reaslise that they have to be a bit realistic about this, but if anyone has any leads or is aware of such cats needing a new home, please get in touch.
We are nr Canterbury in Kent
Jasmine
Frequent Cat Chatter

Re: Burmese Cat HOme offered in Kent

Post by Jasmine »

The Burmese Cat Society has some cats available for rehoming on their web site
Marla
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 2

Post by Marla »

The Burmese Cat Association lists Ricki, a 12 year old chocolate Burmese male:
http://www.burmesecatassociation.org/we ... -list.html

I know this is older than your friend wanted, but thought I should mention him in case you hadn't seen him.
canterburycats
New Cat Chatter

Post by canterburycats »

Thanks very much for everyone keeping us in mind.. I do keep looking at the welfare sites, i think the lovely 12 yr old boy is a bit older then they wanted. Having just lost a older cat they are really looking for a younger male. which i can undestand as its very emotional loosing a cat. I have not seen any puss cat that will be able to live with another (burmese female 5y) as a cat that can have outside access. I know that there are lots of people on here so if you come across anything pls do post and let me know.. Thank you very much.
Marla
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 2

Post by Marla »

Have you given your name to all the Burmese clubs/associations in case a younger male becomes available?
canterburycats
New Cat Chatter

Post by canterburycats »

Yes