Bradford - Long-Term Fosterer available

Post here if you can offer a loving, permanent home to a cat (NB: PLEASE put your Location in the Subject line)
roz101uk
Returning Cat Chatter

Bradford - Long-Term Fosterer available

Post by roz101uk »

I am happy to take up to 3 cats on a long-term fostering basis. I live in the Bradford area, near Clayton and have recently moved into a house in a cul-de-sac with a garden. I live with my husband and we do not have any children.

If you have a cat/cats which you know will struggle to be rehomed and have an association with a vet's practice in Bradford, so I don't have to take them very far if they are unwell, please feel free to contact me. It would be good to help cats who would otherwise spend their remaining days in a cat shelter.

Regards,

Roz
Email: [email protected]
Lilith
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: Bradford - Long-Term Fosterer available

Post by Lilith »

Hi Roz, and welcome and good on you :)

Have you seen this section?

https://www.catchat.org/index.php/cat-r ... uk-ireland

There are rescues in your area who may be very glad of your help, good luck to you :)
roz101uk
Returning Cat Chatter

Post by roz101uk »

Helloooooo!

Yes, have trawled/spoken to the local rescue centres but unfortunately in Bradford there doesn't seem to be much need for a long-term fosterer. They seem to be looking for a short-term fosterer. There was a 16 year old deaf/blind cat that I would have gladly taken and asked about him but it was a rescue centre about half an hour from Bradford. As they had an association with a local vet I would have to take him there for treatment, I was told. It would be good if the rescue centres with long-term fostered cats could, if someone enquires, speak to the person's local rescue centre/s (in this case Bradford) and their vets to see if an arrangement may be made for the cat to go to a local vet. I need a local vet as the cats I could potentially have may well need a vet and I don't think it's fair on the cat/s or me if this is more than 20 mins away.

So, so far no-one is biting my hand off. Which is disappointing.
booktigger
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Post by booktigger »

The reason for the vet requirement is that charities get a discount with their chosen vet, plus they will have an account so they can pay monthly, its not something most vets would do for just one cat, unless you happen to be a regular customer and have a good relationship with them.
roz101uk
Returning Cat Chatter

Post by roz101uk »

Hello there,

Oh I see. Thank you for explaining it. It makes sense now. Maybe I should speak to my local vet. It's worth a conversation.

Many thanks.
booktigger
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by booktigger »

It would be worth a chat, they may know someone. It is rare to need long term foster places though
roz101uk
Returning Cat Chatter

Post by roz101uk »

I will do.

Thank you.

Roz
roz101uk
Returning Cat Chatter

Post by roz101uk »

The reason I want to do long-term fostering rather than short-term fostering is that I want the cat/cats to have the freedom of the house and outdoors while they are with me. I would happily do a home check on any prospective adopters also.

Just wanted to add that as it looks weird that I just want to long-term foster lol.
booktigger
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by booktigger »

The majority of long term fosters would be old/terminally ill - if you find a young cat that will be with you for a while then being homed, you may not be able to let them out, as there are obvious risks to letting a foster cat have outdoor access.
roz101uk
Returning Cat Chatter

Post by roz101uk »

Yes, you are right. I am really happy to have an older cat/s with whatever problems they have except FIV cats as they can't go out.
danrelv
New Cat Chatter

Post by danrelv »

Hi Roz

I have emailed you directly, as I have 2 cats I sadly need to rehome.

Thanks
Dan
roz101uk
Returning Cat Chatter

Post by roz101uk »

Thank you everyone for your comments and good advice.

I have since rehomed 3 older cats and value my marriage lol so better take this ad down.

Best wishes,

Roz