Warwickshire - possible forever home

Post here if you can offer a loving, permanent home to a cat (NB: PLEASE put your Location in the Subject line)
Sarah1969
New Cat Chatter

Warwickshire - possible forever home

Post by Sarah1969 »

We lost our beautiful boy aged 19 in September & I am am thinking the time is right to consider finding another puss to share our home.

We have no children or other pets (although our neighbours have cats who wander in from time to time). There is access to the outside & we live away from a main road.

My preference would be a female or a bonded pair but have an open mind.
Ivyjames
New Cat Chatter

Re: Warwickshire - possible forever home

Post by Ivyjames »

Hi,
I am trying to find a new home to our cat but we are in London. Please let me know if ou would be interested taking Ivy as a new family member.
A few words about Ivy:

Ivy is a very peculiar, gorgeous tortoiseshell cat, has been with us since she was a kitten. Now she is four years old. Her brother James went missing about a year ago, and we are still not sure whether she had a hand in it. Ivy is a very romantic cat. She loves classical music (especially piano) and candlelight. It can be proven that she is an excellent mouse catcher too. Ivy is just lovely, she deserves every attention. She is very patient with small children. Her favorite place is always close to the person she loves the best, preferable in the lap. She also has a talent at discovering special places in the house.
Ivy is in excellent health, chipped, neutralised and vaccinated, no flees. She suffered a dog attack two years ago and was treated in Royal Veterinary College Potters Bar and made a full recovery. She was kept as in/outdoor cat with access to a large garden. We put extra care researching the best cat food for her. She is given Applaws dry chicken and Bozita wet food (reindeer, duck, chicken and sometimes fish).
We consider ourselves very lucky to have been allowed to live with Ivy, but unfortunately she cannot be taken to our new home. We are looking for someone or a family to take care of Ivy, ideally in Hampstead or within a short distance so we could sometimes visit her with our two year old daughter who will miss her but anywhere where she can find a happy loving home would be amazing. Our moving date is the 03.06 so we must find this special person or family soon.
Thank you, Sarah
Attachments
ivysm.jpg
Sarah1969
New Cat Chatter

Post by Sarah1969 »

Ivy is beautiful & I would love to meet her to see how we take to each other but fear the logistics would be too difficult in the timescale. It must be breaking your heart to part with her.

Here is my beautiful boy in our garden (hope you can access FB): https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =3&theater
sianbuck
New Cat Chatter

Post by sianbuck »

Hi Sarah
I'm keen to find a home for my mothers cat - Molly
My Mum died last year having suffered from dementia for many years. During this time ,Molly has been fostered by her current carer,who now, after changing personal circumstances, can no longer offer Mol a home.
Mol is a grand old lady of circa 16 years, who despite having a rough start (she was a rescue cat when Mum got her) is incredibly affectionate. She is as fit as the proverbial butchers cat, is fully inoculated & chipped. She is jet black with green eyes & sort of knows she's gorgeous!
I would happily take her in myself but as I have 2 sister cats ( also rescue), one deaf & the other 1 eyed aged 18, I just don't think they could deal with an 'incomer'
If you are interested maybe we could have a chat?
Regards
Sian
Sarah1969
New Cat Chatter

Post by Sarah1969 »

Hi Sian - sorry for the delay in replying. I would love to help but I think that due to Molly's age, I wouldn't be suitable. I couldn't bear to suffer another loss shortly after falling in love with her.
Sarah1969
New Cat Chatter

Post by Sarah1969 »

I am delighted to report that I am now mum to gorgeous Evie, courtesy of Grendon Cat Shelter :)
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Post by bobbys girl »

Very pleased to hear that Sarah. Thanks for letting us know.

Hope the other kitties found their forever homes too.