cat fostering

Post here if you can offer a loving, permanent home to a cat (NB: PLEASE put your Location in the Subject line)
dinkyanddavina
New Cat Chatter

cat fostering

Post by dinkyanddavina »

Dear all,

It is with a heavy heart that I am looking for a foster carer for our two kittens ( 9 months old). We are relocating to China for 2 years and we are unable to take them with us. We are based in Macclesfield, Cheshire currently. We are leaving at the start of August and will return July 2020. Ideally, we'd like someone to care for them for the 2 years whilst we are away and we could help towards food/vet costs. They have been microchipped, fully vaccinated, and neutered. They are very friendly, love to cuddle and play outside. My daughter is devastated to be parting with them hence we'd like to have them back on our return to the UK.

Please get in touch if you are interested.

Erika (very sad cat mummy)
booktigger
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Re: cat fostering

Post by booktigger »

Hi Erika

Unfortunately you may not find anyone willing to care for cats for 2 years, and it may not be fair on the cats to get used to a new home for 2 years, to then come back to you.
Kay
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: cat fostering

Post by Kay »

I must say I am struggling to see any reason why anyone not family or friends would be willing to foster two cats for 2 years, especially when it sounds, from the way you put it, that you would only help towards costs, rather than covering them completely

they are young and that makes it easier for a good new home to be found for them, and I do think, I'm afraid, that that is the route you will have to go down