Permanent home for an FeLV+ cat, Manchester (but will travel!)

Post here if you can offer a loving, permanent home to a cat (NB: PLEASE put your Location in the Subject line)
chazcat
New Cat Chatter

Permanent home for an FeLV+ cat, Manchester (but will travel!)

Post by chazcat »

My wife and I already have two FeLV+ (FIV-) cats, and we now feel in a position to be able to offer a home to another kitty.

We've had FeLV+ cats for over three years now, and so are well aware of the implications that adopting one brings with it, but our cats give us so much love and joy that we want to give that opportunity to another cat. Our home is three floors, so they have plenty of space inside. We also have a cat-proofed rear garden, so that they have (supervised) access to the outdoors, too.

We're based in Manchester, but are more than happy to travel to collect a cat in need of a home from elsewhere in the UK.

If anyone knows of a cat with this condition that needs a permanent home, please let us know.

We've looked on a lot of rescue sites and searched online, but without coming across one in need of a home. We are also ringing around our local rescues, to let them know we can give a home to an FeLV+ cat should one come in. I just hoped that the reach of this forum might also help.

Thank you.
Kay
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: Permanent home for an FeLV+ cat, Manchester (but will travel!)

Post by Kay »

I suspect no rescue will attempt to re-home a FelV cat, so perhaps vets would be the likeliest place to look

and if a cat came to you via a vet it would probably mean you would be saving his or her life, which would be very rewarding
MARS
New Cat Chatter

Post by MARS »

Hello

We have a beautiful 4 week old kitten who we recently rescured from the middle of the road. He has a cold at the moment and we are treating him for it and he is doing amazing, we have already fallen in love with him and thought we should have hIm tested for anything more searious and he has unfortunetly tested postive for Felv. I have two other cats and are unable to keep him now. We are planning on getting him past his cold and then need to find him a home and so far no rescue places will take him. He is a stunning tabby kitten, he has the most beautiful nature, he is really clever, completely toilet trained and is eating really well.

We are in Hlaifax area and would love to hear from you.

He is such an amazing boy, I was so devestated by the test result today and really hope we can find him a loving home as he really deserves it.

My number is 07969 896 986 and would love to hear from you.

All the best

Amel
chazcat
New Cat Chatter

Post by chazcat »

Hello Amel

Thanks so much for contacting me. I'm sorry to hear that he has tested positive - it must be such a sad thing for you, after you've fallen in love with him, and have been nursing him back to health. But yes, we would be very interested in giving him a loving home. Thanks for your contact numbers - I will give you a call later today, and we can talk through it more then. Again, I'm sorry that you've had such difficult news, but please know that he could have a very loving home with us, and our other two FeLV kitties.

Thanks again.

Charlie
MARS
New Cat Chatter

Post by MARS »

Hi Charlie

Thank you so much for getting back to me. it has been a really upsetting day and we just want the very best for him.

Really looking forward to chatting later.

All the best

Amel

07969 896 986
Sharonjm-cat
New Cat Chatter

Post by Sharonjm-cat »

Hi there, I have come across your post after browsing. I have 6 adopted rescue cats and have just taken in a small kitten after we TNR the colony of 12 cats and came across this lone kitten. Sadly she has just tested positive for FELV. I would love to keep her, but have to consider my other 6 cats.
I wonder if you are still adopting Felv kitties and if you would be interested in helping with little Teddy.
She is being Spayed tomorrow and is the sweetest little kitten. Such a gorgeous nature.
Many thanks Sharon.
Please feel free to call me on 07535 020662.