Companions needed in Indoor Homely Sanctuary - Shrivenham, Oxfordshire - edited

Post here if you can offer a loving, permanent home to a cat (NB: PLEASE put your Location in the Subject line)
The Craft-E-Kittens
Frequent Cat Chatter
No. of cats in household: 1

Companions needed in Indoor Homely Sanctuary - Shrivenham, Oxfordshire - edited

Post by The Craft-E-Kittens »

We recently lost three members of our fur-family (across the past 4 months) due to old age and the heartache of losing eachother... But we still have one sad lonely cat who is desperate for company 😑💔😿
Does anyone know of or have a special needs, elderly or disabled cat / cats that would like to live a long happy life in the cat Cabin with Eggy? 😿💔.
P.s, yes I was asking a similar question previously but our eldest cat-daughter Chewie passed away two days ago and now Eggy is alone and scared.
Edited***
Last edited by The Craft-E-Kittens on Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Karen+Muis
Returning Cat Chatter

Re: Indoor retirement home /sanctuary for Special needs furbabies - Oxon

Post by Karen+Muis »

Dear .....,

I’m not sure if you still have room. I am looking for a temporary ( several months) residence and if need be permanent for my 15 year English grey. She has arthritis and is on meds. I am prepared to supply everything needed for her stay. So the only thing she needs is lots of attention. She is not used to other cats and is a big chicken, she has been beaten up by the neighbors cat in the past. She is fine with a dog.

The reason I am contacting you we are moving back to the UK after 20 years in Holland in June / July. To begin with we will stay with family and there are already 3 dogs and 2 cats. It will take us several months to get jobs which will decide where we settle. After which if you don’t mind I would love to collect her, however if she has settled and you want her to stay we can can then discuss it. A cattery is not really an option because she suffered when she has gone to them in the past.

I am prepared to pay something but as you can imagine we are on a very tight budget. I really hope you can help as we had 2 houses on offer and last week they both cancelled 😪

Kind regards karen
The Craft-E-Kittens
Frequent Cat Chatter

Re: Indoor retirement home /sanctuary for Special needs furbabies - Oxon

Hello, I'm so sorry for the delay in getting back to you. (I didn't get any notification then when I spotted your reply I couldn't remember my password to reply!😑👎
Unfortunately as perfect as this first sounded I'm not sure we are suitable to take on your beautiful girl for a couple of reasons.
Firstly it would be unfair on the current cats we have to get them used to a new family member then a little down the line remove that member from their daily routine and lives... when you'd want to collect her. Sadly it would most likely cause our special needs furbabies to relapse.
Secondly your post mentioned that she is not very happy around other cats so again perhaps not the best situation to have her live with others in our large cat Cabin and communal area..
I'm very sorry 😑💔 and I hope you are able to find some way to resolve your dilemma.
Kindest wishes, Kitty
Rth1905
New Cat Chatter

Re: Companions needed in Indoor Homely Sanctuary - Shrivenham, Oxfordshire - edited

Post by Rth1905 »

Hi,

If you are still looking for cats I need to re-home my two cats. They live together and have lived with another cat and dogs in the past. Unfortunately I need to get them re-homed due to moving for work and the property I will be staying in does not allow pets.

Could you please let me know whether you are able to take them, their details are:
Names: Kippa and Vixen
Both neutered and microchipped. Both are calm cats, love a fuss and a sleep.
They had their initial vaccinations but haven't had the recent ones - but they never had any illnesses of issues. Both have up to date flea treatment.
They are all black, although one shines brown.

Please let me know if there is anything else you need to know.

Thank you
The Craft-E-Kittens
Frequent Cat Chatter

Re: Companions needed in Indoor Homely Sanctuary - Shrivenham, Oxfordshire - edited

Hello there, ironically I just saw your post in another section of the forum and replied to you before noticing this thread had a reply.
We are definitely still looking for cats and yours sound beautiful, they'd be more than welcome here Xx
What area are you located in? Please feel free to send me a private message if you'd prefer!