Worried About Dave

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
Grace56
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Worried About Dave

Post by Grace56 »

Hello everyone,
I am a little bit worried about Dave, my rescue cat. He is eating ok but last night he became quite lethargic, and this morning he took ages to get 'out of bed' but he's gone for a stroll now. He keeps folding his left ear down and shaking his head. I noticed he was doing that last week but it seemed to stop, but he's started again.
I am wondering if this could be either ear mites, an infection or allergy.

Any one else had this with their cat? I'll see how he is today and then get an appointment with the vet.

Thanks everyone. :)
Kay
VIP Cat Chatter!

Re: Worried About Dave

Post by Kay »

could be any of those three, though only an infection would make him lethargic, I would have thought

a vet visit and appropriate treatment should soon have him bouncing around again
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Post by bobbys girl »

Sounds very much like ear mites to me. Willow is prone to them and sometimes gets quite 'down' with them. They seem toget right down inside her ear and she walks around with her head on one side. She is not a whinging cat, so we only notice when they are already bad! :(

Hope you find out soon, poor little fella. Give him a fuss from me.
Grace56
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Grace56 »

Thank you Kay and Bobbys Girl. He seems to have picked up now and is out and about. But I will make an appointment with the vet, as I cannot think of anything worse than summat down your ear having suffered with my lugs since childhood. :(