Cat fight!

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
Joanne_
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 2

Cat fight!

Post by Joanne_ »

As usual Ted (the Tedminator lol) came home from a cat fight only this time he had hurt his eye. So I have an appointment later for him to be looked at. Pray there is no damage to it. He is quieter too so I suspect he is feeling a bit rough. I am also going to be asking why he is such a bully to other cats. I think he wants to take over the town (or the world maybe) lol.
Grace56
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: Cat fight!

Post by Grace56 »

Poor old Ted. I hope his eye is not to badly hurt. My Dave had a nasty fight last week and he was very quiet afterwards. He slept through the rest of the afternoon and into next morning but was right as rain afterwards.

I think that cats mostly fight over territorial issues now most are neutered. If two cats boundaries cross and they meet, it can go two ways. They can allow each other to pass on or result in fur flying.

I hope Ted is ok. Do let us know, Joanne. Fusses to Ted. And I guess 'He'll be back' :D
Jacks
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 7

Post by Jacks »

Oh dear - Ted, you naughty lad. He may well need antibiotics if he has any puncture wounds, and I do hope his eye is okay. He really keeps you on your toes. It's a shame he's picking fights with so many other cats - I can only surmise he's very territorial. I don't know if this is his regular behaviour or a recent change. If it's a recent thing, are there any new cats 'on the block'? Could it be that his nose is out of joint and he's therefore being over assertive with the rest of the population? Has anything happened at home which might make him feel the need to assert his superiority?

My boy no longer hunts females since his neutering, but now challenges any males who come into his 'territory' - even those he used to play with, sadly. His territory extends to include the garden of the cat two doors down, and I think he spends happy hours stalking this poor little lad (including in his own garden) who comes to us for food if his family are late home or late up in the morning. He'll even come for grub and then wander through the house and ask to be let out the front when my boy is waiting out the back. It's something of a game I think.

Aforementioned little lad is away at holiday accommodation this week (his grandma's) and my boy keeps popping in and out grumbling and muttering - he's missing the entertainment I think :-( He even came home for bed early last night (he always comes in when called at night) and took himself off to his basket! Fortunately he's a true bully, in that he backs down as soon as someone stands up to him and our boss girl puts the fear of god into him. So no actual fights, thank goodness, just posturing and menacing and a bit of 'paws'. He used to attack one of our girls before he was neutered and he's been chasing her a bit more than usual and I'm guessing he's missing his normal adversary.

I do hope Ted is okay and you can get to the bottom of why he's fighting so aggressively.
bobbys girl
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 5

Post by bobbys girl »

I don't know! You have Ted 'the Terminator' and I have Tommy (Clint) 'Eastwood' (go ahead cat make my day) :lol: :lol: Soft as anything, except when Gracie starts being a bully (at least once a day).

Funny though, she never chases Tom? He just walks after her - it can go on for ages. She runs away, looking behind her, he follows, slowly, like a lion prowling his territory. She thinks she is safe, then he strolls around the corner and she runs again - usually serves her right. :lol:
Joanne_
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Joanne_ »

Jacks wrote:Oh dear - Ted, you naughty lad. He may well need antibiotics if he has any puncture wounds, and I do hope his eye is okay. He really keeps you on your toes. It's a shame he's picking fights with so many other cats - I can only surmise he's very territorial. I don't know if this is his regular behaviour or a recent change. If it's a recent thing, are there any new cats 'on the block'? Could it be that his nose is out of joint and he's therefore being over assertive with the rest of the population? Has anything happened at home which might make him feel the need to assert his superiority?

My boy no longer hunts females since his neutering, but now challenges any males who come into his 'territory' - even those he used to play with, sadly. His territory extends to include the garden of the cat two doors down, and I think he spends happy hours stalking this poor little lad (including in his own garden) who comes to us for food if his family are late home or late up in the morning. He'll even come for grub and then wander through the house and ask to be let out the front when my boy is waiting out the back. It's something of a game I think.

Aforementioned little lad is away at holiday accommodation this week (his grandma's) and my boy keeps popping in and out grumbling and muttering - he's missing the entertainment I think :-( He even came home for bed early last night (he always comes in when called at night) and took himself off to his basket! Fortunately he's a true bully, in that he backs down as soon as someone stands up to him and our boss girl puts the fear of god into him. So no actual fights, thank goodness, just posturing and menacing and a bit of 'paws'. He used to attack one of our girls before he was neutered and he's been chasing her a bit more than usual and I'm guessing he's missing his normal adversary.

I do hope Ted is okay and you can get to the bottom of why he's fighting so aggressively.
He has gotten worse over the past 6 months I would say. There are definitely more cats on the block at least more than last year (one who he tried getting very friendly with lol)

The vet said he has pain in his eye for sure but she cannot see damage, so he has given him some drops to use and if no better then to go back. I also mentioned that his nose bleeds a little lately and she said to keep an eye on it and if that's not better in two weeks it needs investigating. He has also put on weight!
6.1 kg:| I think his issues is more lack of exercise than food as he definitely does not even eat the recommended daily intake.
Joanne_
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Joanne_ »

bobbys girl wrote:I don't know! You have Ted 'the Terminator' and I have Tommy (Clint) 'Eastwood' (go ahead cat make my day) :lol: :lol: Soft as anything, except when Gracie starts being a bully (at least once a day).

Funny though, she never chases Tom? He just walks after her - it can go on for ages. She runs away, looking behind her, he follows, slowly, like a lion prowling his territory. She thinks she is safe, then he strolls around the corner and she runs again - usually serves her right. :lol:
Hahah! The tedminator definitely lives up to his name :lol: