Molly's mouth

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
Mollycat
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Molly's mouth

Post by Mollycat »

... and I don't mean how loud she is at 4am!

I know they have some funny gummy lumps but I don't think this looks like very good news.

Here it is on 2nd February
Molly lump 2nd February
Molly lump 2nd February
Screenshot 2021-02-02 original.jpg (10.24 KiB) Viewed 48 times

And here it is on 20th February
Molly lump 20th February
Molly lump 20th February
Screenshot 2021-02-22 123501.jpg (10.67 KiB) Viewed 48 times

The vet has seen the first pictures and said it can be just where the top canine closes awkwardly onto the lower gum and it can clear up by itself, so it hasn't done that. Then it's 50/50 whether it's something harmless, or Very Bad News by which I think we know we mean SCC.

She is booked in for dental and biopsy on the 3rd March.

It's quite a lump isn't it?
mustafa811
Experienced Cat Chatter

Re: Molly's mouth

Post by mustafa811 »

my heart is with you , i can't tell exactly what am i seeing due to picture compression but usually these issues turns to be something simpler than we imagine , anyway i will pray for molly , please give her alot of love dear .
Mollycat
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Mollycat »

Thank you Mustafa, they are very hard to see as these pictures are stills taken from video which is never very good quality.

Molly is absolutely fine in herself, all normal. I keep asking myself why I need to know, and then I remember she is 14 and at the very least has a receding inflamed gum near the right lower canine and she will be more comfortable with some basic dental work, and being Molly the more we can do in one go the less times we have to go the better for everyone.
mustafa811
Experienced Cat Chatter

Post by mustafa811 »

i know , i hate going there too , not actually hate the place but everytime nannas goes there she catches some fleas or a ringworm infection other than getting quite distressed emotionally .

i bought a uv lamp to skip my vet visits and check the ringworm infection but it didn't work , chinese scam .
Mollycat
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Mollycat »

Yes it's the distress it causes them, especially now we are not allowed to go in with them. Thankfully I have a very understanding vet and we agreed there is no appointment to check her, just one appointment she goes in has everything done and that's it.

Did you check the UV lamp against other things, maybe banknotes or something? Did the vet check using a lamp? Because maybe it isn't ringworm at all if the lamp doesn't show it!