Diabetic cat / Freestye Libre 2

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
Mickeysmom
New Cat Chatter

Diabetic cat / Freestye Libre 2

Post by Mickeysmom »

Hi gang! I have a recently diagnosed diabetic kitty and the Vet suggested I use the Freestyle Libre 2 sensor for continual glucose testing. I'm finding however that the readings on this devise are are 40 to 50 different than doing blood glucose on Alpha Trak. I dont know which to trust. Do any of you ha e experience with this? Please let me know. Any help is much appreciated! Thanks!
Ruth B
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Re: Diabetic cat / Freestye Libre 2

Post by Ruth B »

I can't really help with those, when my Parents had a diabetic cat they just used test strips occasionally once it was stabilised. The best I can suggest is to take it up with your vet and see if there is any type of control option you can use, I know with the test strips you can get control solution you use to calibrate the reader, but i'm not sure how it would work with the continual ones. Alternatively getting a reader and test strips and doing a few with that so you can see the reading on that meter then compare it to the current reading on the continual monitoring one might be an option.