Cat pheromone survey *moderator approved*

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
Bumble21
New Cat Chatter

Cat pheromone survey *moderator approved*

Post by Bumble21 »

*This survey is now closed. Thank you for participating*

Hi!
If you are using/have used the Feliway classic diffuser, could you please take part in this anonymous survey that is being carried out for my animal management course. It is regarding the Feliway diffuser and its efficacy on feline behaviour and wellbeing. In addition, it aims to determine if certain genders/age/behaviour have more success with the product than others:

- survey was here -

It is 100% anonymous, does not request for names/emails and the results will not be published to the public to prevent any defamation in the event the results are not in the brands favour. I am not linked to the CEVA/Feliway brand in any way, I am not a distributor of the product and I am not looking to collect details.

Thanks!
Isabel :D
Last edited by Bumble21 on Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mollycat
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: Cat pheromone survey *moderator approved*

Post by Mollycat »

Sorry I can't help as I don't use any diffusers but I'm interested, is it just the plain original Feliway you're researching or also the variants like Feliway Friends etc as well? If you are not linked to Feliway, is it just Feliway or alternative brands like Pet Remedy and so on?
Bumble21
New Cat Chatter

Post by Bumble21 »

Mollycat wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:05 pm Sorry I can't help as I don't use any diffusers but I'm interested, is it just the plain original Feliway you're researching or also the variants like Feliway Friends etc as well? If you are not linked to Feliway, is it just Feliway or alternative brands like Pet Remedy and so on?
Hi thanks for your interest anyway! Yes it’s just the plain classic one as the lines within feliway use different pheromones and this study is specifically based on the facial F3 pheromone rather than the cat appeasing pheromone which is in the friends version (I think!!). I would end up being swamped in work if I added another pheromone to the mix haha so I did do a bit of a cop out by choosing the one!

Currently, it is just based on the feliway products because they’re the most popular one to be used where I am. Within my proposed “back up plan” for if things went wrong (eg no responses), I planned to widen the audience who would be able to answer by including other facial F3 pheromone diffusers like Zenifel (virbac). I had a look at pet remedy but couldn’t find anything to say it was a pheromone product, unless I’ve completely missed it!
Mollycat
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by Mollycat »

Thank you for that I had no idea these were such completely different products, that's really useful to know for any future times something might be needed. Hope you get some good data anyway. if you do have to expand the products I have used Feliway Friends once so will help.
Bumble21
New Cat Chatter

Post by Bumble21 »

Mollycat wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 12:18 pm Thank you for that I had no idea these were such completely different products, that's really useful to know for any future times something might be needed. Hope you get some good data anyway. if you do have to expand the products I have used Feliway Friends once so will help.
You and me both! I thought they were the same product with different marketing strategies to attract more people haha. Thank you!
Ruth B
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Post by Ruth B »

I've done the survey, but the answers aren't entirely accurate due to the limitations of the answers available which don't really take into account a multicat household. I used them when I first had my two youngsters, one male and one female and had an older resident female cat as well. The new female was extremely nervous, the male was a little too confident and boisterous, so I've done it from the female's aspect for anxiety, but really it was also to try and calm the male down so that he wouldn't play quite so rough with the female and increase her anxiety, and in hope that he wouldn't try it on with my older resident cat quite so much.
Bumble21
New Cat Chatter

Post by Bumble21 »

Ruth B wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 2:03 pm I've done the survey, but the answers aren't entirely accurate due to the limitations of the answers available which don't really take into account a multicat household. I used them when I first had my two youngsters, one male and one female and had an older resident female cat as well. The new female was extremely nervous, the male was a little too confident and boisterous, so I've done it from the female's aspect for anxiety, but really it was also to try and calm the male down so that he wouldn't play quite so rough with the female and increase her anxiety, and in hope that he wouldn't try it on with my older resident cat quite so much.
Thanks for taking the survey! Apologies for the limitations, I tried to make the survey without them but it was not feesable for a number of reasons unfortunately. The survey had to be made where each answer took the participant to a certain section so their answer would be included on the correct pie chart for their gender/age. The survey was 80+ sections without including the ability for more customisable answers so adding more options would take a lot more sections which I, nor my laptop, could handle.
It can be completed more than once for those who wish to submit a response for each cat, but that was all i could do to rectify the limitations.

I cannot see who’s answers are who’s so im not sure if it worked for you or not, but I hope all was well in the end with your cats! 😁 thanks 😊