Wobbly/weak back end

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
Meow-lover
New Cat Chatter

Wobbly/weak back end

Post by Meow-lover »

Hi there..so we adopted a beautiful cat from our local shelter about 2months ago. They gave him a clean bill of health. He came from a animal hoarder situation. He was extremely terrified cowering in the corner. I got him out of there as fast as I could..poor baby. When he was at the shelter all he did was slink around cause he was so scared. But now that he's adjusted and at home, we noticed that he seems week and unsteady with his back legs. Considering the situation that he came from I don't know if he was abused or what he seems to be able to jump up on things and he plays it's just that when you pet him or when he's running he just seems wobbly or weak in the back end. But other than that he's completely healthy Bright eyes beautiful coat eating drinking everything. Any suggestions?
booktigger
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Re: Wobbly/weak back end

Post by booktigger »

How old is he? Did he have a vet check? It could be muscle weakness, between coming from a hoarding situation and then cowering at the shelter, that his muscles need strengthening, I have seen it in rescue cats, and after a few months, they can suddenly jump on things they couldn't previously