Unsure if cat is pregnant

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
jinzoui
New Cat Chatter

Unsure if cat is pregnant

Post by jinzoui »

Hi, I am a cat owner of three and recently I've had one of my girls go into heat. There's a male cat that I own and as soon as I caught she was in heat I separated the two. After she was pretty much off her cycle of being in heat I let the two be around each other because she was out of heat. However, I began to notice within 4 weeks her nipples were pink and she looks like she's gained weight and eats a lot. That's the only behavior she has shown. My other girl cat was pregnant before and she showed all the symptoms of being pregnant from the growing appetite, pink nipples, bigger stomach, being super affectionate and finding places to nest in along with the occasional morning sickness and sleeping lots. It was also easy for me to tell when I felt her stomach and could feel moving in her stomach. I tried to check with the other and I don't feel anything and she gets very uncomfortable when I even try to touch her stomach. I'm just really unsure if she's pregnant or having pseudopregnancy. I'm also unsure if it's because I've began feeding her a little too much then usual and she's just fattening up. Of course the best idea would to take her to vet but from where I'm from Covid is strict and the vets have made strict appointment rules and I can't book anything until June or if it is an emergency.
fjm
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: Unsure if cat is pregnant

Post by fjm »

It can be very difficult to tell a real from a pseudopregnancy, but the latter is not common in cats. If you don't want kittens the getting her spayed immediately would I think count as a veterinary emergency; if you are not too concerned then perhaps it is best to just wait and see. In a few weeks she will either be obviously pregnant or calling once more.