Turkey same as chicken?

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
jebjeb
New Cat Chatter

Turkey same as chicken?

Post by jebjeb »

It has been suggested that my Snoot might have a problem of throwing up - only once in a while and not hiarball and goes months without doing so - due to allergic to food which is chicken. Has been fed Purina Indoor for 8 years and now Purina Natural with vitamins for over a month. Should I switch to Purina Cat Chow Gentle which is turkey based or since it is fowl would I expect the same problem? Tks - jb
fjm
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: Turkey same as chicken?

Post by fjm »

I have a dog who is fine with chicken but cannot tolerate turkey, so it might work the other way around. Are you sure chicken is the culprit?
jebjeb
New Cat Chatter

Post by jebjeb »

Not sure of anything at this point - Snoot has thrown up once in a while for several years - sometimes goes over 2 months and then maybe only one time. Has been on Purina Indoor for 7 years. Mistakenly bought a bag of Purina Natural with vitamins - first day he threw up but then for a month nothing and he and other cat ate fine. Sunday Snoot threw up twice and the stayed behind my recliner for over 24 hrs without moving - not a place he has slept before. By Tuesday he is back to normal and no throwing up but both cats are not eating much of the Natural food. Talked to a vet on Ask and she said it might be that Snoot was now allergic to the chicken in the two foods and maybe try a different one. The Purina Cat Chow Gentle is turkey based.
booktigger
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Post by booktigger »

I'd be surprised if that was a food allergy, normally that makes them throw up every time they eat it, not just occasionally
jebjeb
New Cat Chatter

Post by jebjeb »

tks all, I appreciate the help. - jb