Cat vomitting

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
TeaMatcha
New Cat Chatter

Cat vomitting

Post by TeaMatcha »

Hi, first time user here.

I've been feeding stray cats around my block recently. I noticed that one or two of the stray cats vomit occasionally after eating.

I've been feeding them either Feline Natural Grain Free Wet Food, Instinct Grain-Free Wet Food, Core Wellness Grain Free Wet food or Applaws Complimentary Wet Food. For dry food, I've been feeding them Hill's Science Diet.

For treats, I'll feed them CIAO brand for wet treats or Burp for dry treats.

Recently, I bought Feline Natural Chicken Healthy Bites which is also grain free, for treats, and the only ingredient in the list is - Chicken. Yesterday, when I was feeding one stray cat by the name Happy, I added some Feline Natural Chicken Healthy Bites on top of Core Wellness wet food, she seems to love it. But after eating, she started vomitting out her food. She seems fine and all after vomitting, still playing and running around.

Today, I was feeding another stray cat by the name Mikan, Hill's Science Diet dry food with two pieces of Feline Natural Chicken Healthy Bites with it. After awhile, she stopped eating and turned away from me. She vomitted out the food she just ate. She seems fine and all, stayed with her for a while more to make sure she's fine and cleared the void deck before heading home. I saw this cat vomitted before but previously it was because she's eating too fast. This time round, she was eating slowly.

I was suspecting it might be because there might be another person who fed her before I came home from work, hence she's still full or she ate something wrong.

But it just makes me feel weird as yesterday and today was the only time I tried to give cats Feline Natural Chicken Healthy Bites, and both of them, vomitted after eating it. It can't be the food from Hill's Science Diet as I've been feeding them that all along, as well as Core Wellness Grain Free Wet food.

I went to Amazon and started looking at reviews of this product, one of the review caught my attention.

The same happened to that person's cat after she fed her at with the treats. So, I'm just wondering does anyone here have the same encounter with this treats?

Or, it might just be a coincidence?

If it's a coincidence, what might be another reason for cats to vomit?

Will continue to monitor those two cats (the cat by the name Happy that vomitted yesterday seems fine today), and if needed, I'll bring it to a vet.