Kitten with a cat flu? Sneezing?

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
Mayam2021
New Cat Chatter

Kitten with a cat flu? Sneezing?

Post by Mayam2021 »

Hello everybody, I’m new here and hoping I can get some advice from fellow cat owners.
I decided to get a kitten two weeks ago and she is so lovely, she’s lovely, runs around, plays with everything, gets really happy when she’s about to eat and knows when it’s time! She has some little behaviours that can be frustrating, like playing with litter/in the litter box and spreading it throughout the living room so I have to vacuum non stop! She purrs quite often especially when she’s around me, she shows me she’s hungry, she plays with her toys and runs a whole marathon with her favourite ball.
Anyway, the day I brought her home she was sneezing a few times. I knew she had no vaccines so I got her to the vet 2 days later and briefly mentioned that she’s sneezing as I thought she may have an allergy or something. Her sneezes mainly happen when she was on the floor, going into corners, smelling me (I wear perfumes so thought it maybe had something to do with that). Anyway, got her to the vet and the vet said she has cat flu. Now, I don’t want to doubt a vet as I ain’t one but I did mention her sneezes mainly occurred near new surfaces and when she would go to eat.

The vet still said it seemed to be cat flu and put her on Synulox drops which she took for 10 days 3 drops twice a day. She also took a powder called bison on with her feed which was like 0.05 grams once per day for 12 days. Lastly they added 0.75ml of

She stopped all medication now, she remains lovely and happy. Last dose was around 3/4 days ago. She sleeps a fair bit too. She literally is at this point in time messing around and enjoying herself.

She is sneezing more than she has been lately so I am worried. When she sneezes near me I feel and see tiny clear droplets of what looks like water (pretty similar to a clean sneeze in humans). Her eyes are fairly clear although the usual bit of gunk is there, which I wipe with a clean cotton wool.

I started her on the AVA kitten feed because it is supposedly approved by and recommended by vets. She’s doing well, had some loose toilets a few times but adjusted quite well.

Please can anyone let me know if they have any experience with any of this as I am so stressed out. I have spent a fair bit of money on these meds and the vet is now saying we can put her on more of the same antibiotic. Another vet says I should observe rather than feed more antibiotic.

She was apparently born on 14/02/21

Would appreciate any advice

Thank you