Guess the age

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
Tilly + Adele
Returning Cat Chatter

Guess the age

Post by Tilly + Adele »

I’m desperately wanting to know how old roughly my Tilly is. I got her beginning of December, notice the big ears, her back legs were also lanky lol. More like rabbit feet on a kittens body.

Anyway I will be intrigued to hear what age you roughly think she is. There is a reason for asking of which I will disclose later ha ha

I’ve attached photo if I’ve done it correctly, the photo was taken in December 2nd. I thought October was when she was born but that makes her in the photo just 8 weeks but I doubt it by her dumbo ears bless her
Attachments
Age of Tilly
Age of Tilly
Last edited by Tilly + Adele on Fri May 14, 2021 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ruth B
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Re: Guess the age

Post by Ruth B »

I'm not much good at judging kitten's ages, but for me I do need to see a full body picture rather than just the head, the way they stand and the way the tail is tell me far more than just the head does.
Mollycat
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: Guess the age

Post by Mollycat »

Eye colour, teeth, stance and tail, I would say.

Teeth - http://www.vivo.colostate.edu/hbooks/pa ... tpage.html gives you the age at which each of the teeth should come through and the milk teeth should be replaced by the permanent teeth. if you can look in her mouth this might help!

Eye colour - it's been a while since I had a kitten but I got her at 6 weeks and her eyes were still a bit grey, not their full adult colour.

Tail - kitten tail is sort of pointy, can't remember what age that changes to the rounded bullet tip.