I AM DESPERATE, CAN’T SLEEP!!!

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
Cynthiaglzv
New Cat Chatter

I AM DESPERATE, CAN’T SLEEP!!!

Post by Cynthiaglzv »

Hi! Hope you can help, my partner and I adopted Kali our cat almost 3 months ago. She is 2 ys old, and was spayed on march before adoption, in the adoption form said she was pregnant when spayed...

she is a loving cat, loves to be pet, cuddling and playful. She always has water, food and litter box near and accesible.

The problem that has us really DESPERATE is that at nights she won’t let us sleep, she wakes us up by meowing, playing around on top of us while asleep, pulling down my hair so I wake up, etc. we have tried EVERYTHING:

-if we take her out of the room she will continue meowing but now even more desperate than when she can enter the bedroom.
- we took her to two doctors to see if theres something medical disturbing her : but she is fine.
- we play with her during the day and before bed
- we even take turns to keep her awake all day so she sleeps at night and it doesnt work.
Epsom-cat-lady
Frequent Cat Chatter
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: I AM DESPERATE, CAN’T SLEEP!!!

Post by Epsom-cat-lady »

Hi sorry to hear about your cats nocturnal games.
I have the same problem but mine is 19.5 with many issues so I’m never quite sure what’s going on with her but here some things that work for her.
She eats a lot at night & can be fussy & not like - fancy any of the 3 plates of food so keeps crying until I give her a different flavour.
Have pet remedy plugged in in 2 rooms - they also do a spray you could put on a blanket or a fellaway collar
Try to change the routine - stay out over night so she has to cope & sleep
Maybe she comes to you for the warmth as well - get a heated pad in her bed or hot water bottle in her bed

Hope one thing may work 🐾🐾
Kay
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: I AM DESPERATE, CAN’T SLEEP!!!

Post by Kay »

if she's stopping you sleeping when you allow her into the bedroom, you have nothing to lose, surely, by shutting her out, preferably in a room not adjoining your bedroom

I can quite believe she will create merry hell at first, but as long as you never respond she will give up eventually - overnight leave a window accessible so she can see outside, and set up an automatic feeder if some of her antics are because she wants food