My Cats have fallen out

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
MimiCornish
New Cat Chatter

My Cats have fallen out

Post by MimiCornish »

Hi,

First post here but we are really concerned.

We have 2 cornish Mimi is 2 and Houdidni is 8 months.

Took us 2 weeks to fully transition them together and they have always got on and snuggle up together on the sofa with us every night.

Something has happened and these last few nights they wont go near each other unless eating and Mimi wont get on the sofa and curl up, something she has done everyday for 2 years. She wont even walk within a certain distance of it and walks around crying.

We have no idea what has happened. Any advice would be amazing
Mollycat
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: My Cats have fallen out

Post by Mollycat »

Are they just avoiding each other or actually hissing or growling at each other? Does one leave the room when the other comes in, do they casually stroll around or is one slinking with back end and tail low to the ground? Does either one chase the other away?
MimiCornish
New Cat Chatter

Post by MimiCornish »

There isnt any hissing or growling and they stay in the same room. There are some swipes from both but our main concern is Mimi as she is just not herself at all. For her not to come near the sofa is so strange as she loves it even when we are out she will be curled up when we get back and come running to the door.

Shes eating fine but pooping outside now and again. I think she might be a little afraid of him but they had been getting on so well
Attachments
IMG-20210530-WA0022.jpg
Mollycat
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Mollycat »

What a lovely pair. First time i met a Rex I thought they looked a bit peculiar but the softness of their fur and the great generous affection won me over in seconds. As for the ears!!

Are you sure she's afraid of him, not just the sofa? I can certainly offer some help for the sofa, anyway, because my shy Molly suddenly took fright one night at the sofa when she had not been with me long. I spent the entire evening on this. First I pulled it away from the wall, then turned it on its back, vacuumed under it and behind it and the sofa itself, removed all the cushions and cleaned, and even opened up the inside (mine zips up to allow access to remove the arms) and cleaned inside. Then I took my catnip spray and reversed the whole process but everything sprayed with the catnip spray. the reason it took so long is that after every single step I went to the far end of the room and encouraged Molly to come and sniff around to see for herself that everything was safe and there were no monsters lurking on, in or behind the sofa. Hours, but worth every minute as firstly it has never happened again and secondly I was able to resolve it before it could become a habit to continue.

Most likely I would think he spooked her wanting to play on or near your sofa, she may have retaliated and maybe there was a little scuffle. If she can make her peace with the sofa the rest should follow, but do try not to be anxious as they will pick up on it.
Kay
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Kay »

just a thought - is there any chance he sprayed on the sofa? I assume he's been 'done' so you wouldn't smell anything if he had, but she would