Chronic snuffler

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
Bruce123
New Cat Chatter

Chronic snuffler

Post by Bruce123 »

I have a 9 year old chronic snuffler male desexed domestic cat, and he had cat flu as a kitten he was also from a hoarder situation and I suspect inbred ( I work in animal welfare industry which is how I got him). He came with 2 littermates one of which was adopted and was healthy, the other unfortunately was euthanised whilst under anaesthetic to investigate respiratory problem she had, they found she was missing parts of her chest. Anyway I always felt that perhaps my boy also has some internal deformity that has made his snuffling worse. He has been on all available antibiotics with little relief from his symptoms. I am currently treating him with bisolvin which does help him expell the mucous. Unfortunately most of the time he is sneezing up large clumps of hard mucous sometimes with blood and I have to sometimes use tweezers to pull it out of his nose as he cannot sneeze it out. It is heartbreaking seeing him struggle with this. ( the vets haven't been much help). If anyone has any advice it would be greatly appreciated. I also am considering trying the bisolvin and doxycycline together if they can be used together??. Any help would be fantastic. :?: