My cat hates the cone :(

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
Stephunatic
New Cat Chatter

My cat hates the cone :(

Post by Stephunatic »

I’ve just got my cat neutered but he absolutely hates the cone of shame.. he’s also finding it really difficult to eat/drink with it on and I can’t be with him 24/7 to feed him by hand as I have to work :( I was thinking of getting one of those cat recovery suits - but then realised I don’t think he will be able to use the toilet with it on? Can anyone suggest something I could do to make him more comfortable and be able to eat/drink easier? I’ve tried different bowls/a water fountain etc but no luck :(
booktigger
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Re: My cat hates the cone :(

Post by booktigger »

I'm really surprised you have been given a cone for a male after neutering, the only times I've had to use them for a male is when they've had an undescended testicle so they have a wound on their abdomen. I thought most vets had started using dissolvable stitches/glue these days to avoid collars even on females. Personally, unless he really fusses it, I wouldn't bother with the stress of the cone