5 week old Kitten Constipation

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
mattietu
New Cat Chatter

5 week old Kitten Constipation

Post by mattietu »

Hi, I am currently raising 3 5 week old kittens and they seemed to be doing well, they're all around 600g and are running, playing and eating well. However, they have been consistently constipated since they have started being able to poop/pee without stimulation. I have taken them to my vet where two of them were given an enema and they all pooped but its been 48hours and none of them have pooped since. I only started weaning them recently and I think it helped them a little bit (the one who eats the most solids was pooping regularly until 48 hours ago) but I am worried that maybe the KMR, they have with their wet food, can be binding. Its lactol KMR and they have AVA kitten wet food. I give them lots of water to stay hydrated too although they never seem to be thirsty. I have been giving them two plates of gruel a day which they love and feeds every 3 hours from mom cat. I am taking them back to the vets in the morning however, if anyone has any advice I would really appreciate it, they are the cutest, sweetest little kittens and I am worried sick about them. Also they have been peeing lots, just no pooping.
Thanks!