Cat anxious when inside

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
Felines are superior
New Cat Chatter

Cat anxious when inside

Post by Felines are superior »

Hi

I have three feral cats taken off the streets, and one of them is very anxious. Her name is Princessa.

I want to move to a new apartment desperately, but Princessa gets completely hysterical when I close the windows. All my cats are used to going outside.

When moving to a new place, if the cat is let outside before two weeks, the cat may disappear and never come back. But Princessa leaps on the windows and slams against them, and wouldn't stop, and she can't be kept in this situation for two weeks.

The reason she acts this way is because every time I take her to the vet, I close the windows. So she thinks she's going to the vet's office, which is very traumatic for her. And probably because she's used to going outside every day, and have been born and raised on the streets until I took her home.

How can I keep her indoors for two weeks, to get used to her new place?
Mollycat
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: Cat anxious when inside

Post by Mollycat »

If there is a way to make a secure area outside with a temporary cage, could you open the windows as soon as you get there?