My cat won't stay in

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
PJH54
New Cat Chatter

My cat won't stay in

Post by PJH54 »

I recently treated my 2 cats for fleas and, although they don't like it, they usually forgive me. However, one of my cats won't come in and stay indoors now. Both of them are out a lot day and night with the weather being mild but she doesn't come past the kitchen now. She will come in for food and is still affectionate and loving with me outside but she was always the one who would sleep on my bed or pop in and out all day. I used a different flea treatment this time (Beaphor Fibronil) and wondered if it was a reaction, although she seems fine in herself apart from staying outside. She still plays in the garden with her sister and doesn't appear to be in pain. I wonder if I have made her anxious as I enticed her with treats and then quickly applied the spot on treatment. Either that or there may be something outside that is worrying her. I live in the country and we often have badgers, etc in the garden but this isn't new. There are also stray cats from a nearby farm but my two have always been the dominant ones. We also have building works in the village but she didn't seem bothered by that either beforehand.She has never over-reacted in this way before and I am at a loss as to what to do.