Cat pees on bed

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
-sophiaetti-
New Cat Chatter

Cat pees on bed

Post by -sophiaetti- »

My cat is about one and a half years old and I think she hates winters. She won't go outside and just sits on the window sill and looks. Last winter she started peeing on my bed for a couple of months and I did everything to comfort her, because I thought it was about stress since we had just gotten a puppy. I even bought pheromones but I don't think they worked for her. Now it's September but it's getting colder already and today she peed on my bed again. I believe it is because she doesn't like to go outside anymore because of the cold, but she is actually a very active outside cat. Does anyone have any ideas on how I could stop her from peeing in my bed again?
fjm
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: Cat pees on bed

Post by fjm »

Does she have a litter tray, or trays, somewhere reasonably private but easily accessible? That would be the obvious first step. As she has got into the habit of using your bed I would cover it with a large sheet of plastic or polythene - a cheap shower curtain for example - to make it less tempting, and offer her a litter tray near by as a more suitable alternative. Wash the bedding using an enzyme cleaner to remove the tempting smell, and spray the mattress with the cleaner if the pee has penetrated that far.