Sudden behavioural change. Advice please!

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
Loes
New Cat Chatter

Sudden behavioural change. Advice please!

Post by Loes »

Dear reader,

My 1year old ragdoll had very bad abonnement anxiety and would not leave my side. She'd scream when I was out of sight and laid on my lap constantly.

This changed 3 months ago. All of a sudden she didn't want to be pet, started to obsessively over eat and bite her paw. Signs of distress.
Nothing drastically changed in our lives accept me meeting my boyfriend. She gets along with him fine and would crawl up to us to be pet. We then went on a 3 day vacation. My brother looked after them and when I came home she was her old self for a day. Unfortunately she soon became distant again. She does eat normally again and is very alert/palyfull. She did remain distant for the past 3 months till this day. Only when she is very tired she'd let me pet her (then she's purring and enjoying it).

I went to our vet and she's medically healthy. She has a cat sister wich she gets along with great. They're real best friends and both the same age. Playing, sleeping and grooming togheter. I try to give them structure where I can although it's not always easy. Also I switch up their toys so they don't get bored when I work at the office. In the morning and evening they get to play in the backyard (supervised ofc). My home is very small, therefore ore I try my best to enrich their environment but due to her drastic behavioural change I can't help but question her mental health. Her cat sister seems very happy (maine coon) and even seems to get more cuddly lately.

I just want her to be happy. Does anyone have any advice or maybe experienced something alike?
mr_frisky
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Re: Sudden behavioural change. Advice please!

Post by mr_frisky »

Alexis - are you going to recommend cannabis oil from your website for every condition?

OP - have you tried Feliway?