Calicivirus

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
Jeningilroy
New Cat Chatter

Calicivirus

Post by Jeningilroy »

Anyone familiar with this virus? If so how long does this last ?
booktigger
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 3

Re: Calicivirus

Post by booktigger »

Cats generally have calici for life, but they will have flare ups, which vary in length and intensity. It can affect them in various ways too, the most common is dental, but not unknown for it to affect their stomach (i.e. food sensitivity) or their joints either.
Jeningilroy
New Cat Chatter

Post by Jeningilroy »

I took them to the vet to get spayed and neutered and they came back with this virus. They’re five months old. They Lee so sick and vets not in till Monday. They won’t eat or drink although there was some pee in their litter box this morning. They smell like death. She’s drooling everywhere and he’s got a bloody face from his sores on his face. I don’t know if they will survive…this is awful!
Jeningilroy
New Cat Chatter

Post by Jeningilroy »

What do I do?
Mollycat
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by Mollycat »

Are they vaccinated against it? Most cats do survive it. Very upsetting to hand over your lovely cats in good faith to a vet and have them come back with something like this, that's terrible! Surely your vet has an out of hours service?
Jeningilroy
New Cat Chatter

Post by Jeningilroy »

I got them when they were 4 months and they no shots. When they got spayed/neutered they got all their shots.

The after hours clinics are outrageously expensive and none have room for them today. I’m taking them back to the original vet tomorrow morning with a vengeance 😡

I hope they make it till tomorrow 🙏🏼

I read 67% dont