My kitty needs help

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
Husky2021
New Cat Chatter

My kitty needs help

Post by Husky2021 »

Hi,

My 8month kitty (who is super active, playful and affectionate) got desexed on Friday, came back home all good had his meals and water like normal days. We had put a soft cone from our older cat which had a plastic film on it. He was really hating it like all cats would. He didn’t sleep at all that night. Next day on Saturday he was behaving fine until 12pm when he started having watery diarrhoea (had 2-3 rounds in 1-2 hrs), then he vomited which had his dry food and I found a small piece of plastic film from his cone which he must have ingested. After that vomit he stopped eating and drinking and his health started going downhill. By evening we took him to emergency, they gave him anti nausea and pain killer! Came back home. He was restless and kind of started drooling. Still no food no water. All concerned, next day took him again to Vet on Sunday they asked me to take him to emergency as they thought he could be having aspiration pneumonia (which freaked me out). Took him to emergency, they said they will keep him overnight to observe him. Being a parent I wanted his best health so with heavy heart left him there. They gave him IV, anti nausea and pain killer! I checked with them at night they said his heart rate was slow but breathing rate was on a higher side. Anyways today morning (Monday) they called me to come and pick him up! When I went he saw me and started meowing which made me happy! But on my way back I realised he started drooling again and that too a lot. Called the vet they said give him anti nausea (Ondansetron) tablet that will fix his drool. I gave it to him at 12pm. He slept throughout the day. Tried giving him food and water he didn’t eat anything or drink anything. His drool has decreased but now he sounds and look so weak and my heart breaks to see him like that! I called up emergency they said to wait till tomorrow morning and see how he goes. I have to give his another anti nausea medicine.

I am not sure if anyone has faced anything similar to this? Vets are soo vague (and useless). In 3 days I’ve been to 4 different vets and still my boy is not feeling well! It’s like my world is falling apart atm! Please tell me he will be fine and recover soon! How do I feed him?

Regards,
Husky’s father!