Advocat

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
Helen
Frequent Cat Chatter
No. of cats in household: 3

Advocat

Post by Helen »

Hi

I am new to the forum and wonder if anyone can help me with the topic of prevention of worms/fleas etc.

My 3 are treated with Advocat monthly, and every 3 months we go to the vet for a 'worming tablet' - is there something I can buy over the counter that can be taken alongside the Advocat which would deal with this as I am unsure which 'worm' the tablet is for that isn't covered by Advocat.

Apologies if this is a dumb question but it just isn't clear.

thanks
Helen
Kay
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: Advocat

Post by Kay »

Advocate won't kill tapeworms - for that you can buy Drontal on-line - this is just one outlet http://www.animeddirect.co.uk/drontal-c ... tAodhmQA0w#" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

for advice on worming generally this site might be useful http://www.feline-friends.org.uk/feline-worms.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Helen
Frequent Cat Chatter

Post by Helen »

Ah fabulous - I was wondering about Drontal but didn't want to incorrectly mix my drugs. Thanks for the help.
Moo Bear
Frequent Cat Chatter

Post by Moo Bear »

Hi Helen. I use advocate as well which I get from my vets with a pet plan monthly payments thing. I find the spot ons a lot easier to use so I get profender on the plan as well. You just give it a week after the advocate and then every 3 months :)
Helen
Frequent Cat Chatter

Post by Helen »

Oh not heard of provender! I picked up some drontal on the way home so will give that a go first. Archie is no problem and will swallow anything you give him - hang up from being a hungry stray I think. Bronte wriggles a but but then takes it and sky we have yet to find out!

Thanks all for the advice
Jan
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Jan »

Our cat is ok with Advocate which I've just been able to use again after he had a bad reaction to Profender. Having read the Advocate leaflet again, I see that it also helps in the treatment of flea bite allergy which was a definite plus because Blackie has been suffering from this allergy for which he also had 2 Delvosteron injections.

As I can't use Profender anymore, I will now use Milbemax (a worming tablet).

Blackie's reaction to Profender is quite rare, so I'm told.