Nighttime Siamese behavior

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
Padillaaa
New Cat Chatter

Nighttime Siamese behavior

Post by Padillaaa »

Hi,
I have a 12 week Siamese/snowshoe kitten rescue. He’s been with us for a week. We’ve been home a lot as we work from home & have been on holiday vacation recently. He is fantastic during the day. He’s with another kitten he was fostered with & me, my husband and son. Of course the usual Siamese things like talkative, wanting attention, but middle of the night has been troublesome.

We make sure to play with them before bed to tire them out, and they’re good at bed time. Settle down, sleep and are fine. It’s when one of us gets up to use the restroom in the middle of the night that the Siamese kitten gets really hyped. He starts purring really loud, aggressively wanting to be up by our heads and even nipping at our fingers.

Any suggestions on what to do? I’m looking at some good interactive toys that have laser & a feather bobble or a fish that flops around that I can put out when he gets like that. We just can’t get him to settle at these times and go back to sleep. And his kitten mate doesn’t do the same thing so they don’t go & play together then either. Tried food as well.

TIA for help!