Aggression

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
eilatang
New Cat Chatter

Aggression

Post by eilatang »

Recently my boyfriend and I had to move into a friends home. She has two cats, and coming into it we had two as well. I took my kitten to a shelter, because I don't feel right keeping an animal when I myself don't have a home. My boyfriend has kept his to this point. Previously, when trying to introduce he and i's cats, his cat attacked me and my cat, and I definitely should've gone to the ER for it, but my boyfriend was a medic so he was able to take care of me at home. They have been for the most part separated since, partly because of the attack and partly because they were both still intact. Since moving in with our friend, we have tried to keep all the cats separated, we keep my boyfriends cat in the bathroom with food water and litter, but obviously we have to open the door. usually i am able to move the other cats into a different room, but on two or three separate occasions the doors weren't all the way latched, and he has attacked both of her cats, and my boyfriend in the process. He also should've gone to the ER, but had to work. I don't know where to take him. I don't know who would take him. he can get very dangerous and i can't even walk by him without him hissing or growling at me. I can't go pee without having a panic attack because i'm so scared of him. we are located in champaign/urbana IL. I would love to see him go to a home where he is the only pet, but i don't think that's an option at this point. please help
Joe_Danger
VIP Cat Chatter!

Re: Aggression

Post by Joe_Danger »

They weren't fixed when they were together, did you neuter the male before moving in with your friend? If not that's one of the main reasons for his aggression, it's very dangerous keeping a fully intact male who has no access to females and on top of everything is under immense stress from moving, being restrained to a bathroom where people go in and out of so he can't even have some peace and quiet AND in a home with two other cats no less.
This is a very bad situation that I don't see getting better, even if you get him fixed it will take some time for him to settle down.
How old is the poor dude?