Subdued kitten

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
S25
New Cat Chatter

Subdued kitten

Post by S25 »

Hi
2 weeks ago we rehomed 2 12 week old kittens and theyve settled in really well
This morning both kitties were their usual chaotic selves, playing, chasing each other, having lots of kitten fun.
This afternoon though one, who is the more reserved shy kitten of the two has seemed very subdued and has slept a lot. Shes still come out for her food and been very vocal as usual each time its been feeding time and has used the litter tray etc but just seems more quiet than usual.
The only thing I'm wondering is if shes a bit stressed as I took our Christmas decorations down this afternoon and obviously this now means the house is different. I know our old cat who passed away a few months ago hated any kind of change.
If anyone has had any experience of this or has any advise I would be really grateful, thank you.
Mollycat
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: Subdued kitten

Post by Mollycat »

I'm not one to panic with cats but a quiet kitten is definitely worth paying attention to. Things can change so very quickly with youngsters, and a 14 week old kitten should be curious about change not upset and become withdrawn about it. A phone call with your vet would be a wise precaution. Better call for nothing than not call for something.
S25
New Cat Chatter

Post by S25 »

Hi Mollycat

Thanks for your reply. I did call the vets who said to keep an eye for 24 hours and call if things got worse/didnt improve.
Today she been back to her crazy self, interested in everything and playing lots. Very relieved!
Mollycat
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by Mollycat »

S25 wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 11:23 pm Hi Mollycat

Thanks for your reply. I did call the vets who said to keep an eye for 24 hours and call if things got worse/didnt improve.
Today she been back to her crazy self, interested in everything and playing lots. Very relieved!
Brilliant, thanks for the update. Pics are always welcome, specially kittens!