Mouth Issue

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
og3g18
New Cat Chatter

Mouth Issue

Post by og3g18 »

Hi!
I'm not sure if anyone can help but a few weeks ago my cat knocked her mouth white jumping, she was completely fine and in no discomfort. She has continued to eat normally and has expressed no signs of being uncomfortable or in pain, she is acting how she always has! However today I have noticed something hanging from her mouth. She let us hold her to look and take the picture (hopefully it has uploaded fine!). I cannot tell if it is simply food or something wrapped around her tooth or something else. If anyone has any idea it would be greatly appreciated :)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ci0nOJ ... UXpRg/view
papa cat
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 0

Re: Mouth Issue

Post by papa cat »

I am having great difficulty accessing your picture on Google drive it wants me to go through all sorts of hoops to do so.
No matter what i do I get "Access denied"
Can you not post it directly to this forum or somewhere else that isn't so inquisitive about me (and others) ?
og3g18
New Cat Chatter

Post by og3g18 »

Unfortunately, I was having some issues with adding an attachment earlier, I will attempt again! Upon further inspection, we have considered that it could be a matt of fur, as she herself and other cats are longer furred.
Attachments
mail.jpeg
papa cat
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 0

Post by papa cat »

Hmmm I can see wisps of something but it's difficult to tell :?
Have you tried using a toothbrush on it ? If it's food or fur it might dislodge it.
Mollycat
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Post by Mollycat »

If your cat allows you to do that for the picture can't you also give it a prod and see if you can get it loose?
fjm
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by fjm »

Looks like hair to me - a gentle upward tug might do the trick, or pushing it upwards with a soft cotton bud or similar.
Kay
VIP Cat Chatter!

Post by Kay »

or a gentle tug with tweezers?