Kitty hasn’t eaten for 4 days

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
Ckh55
New Cat Chatter

Kitty hasn’t eaten for 4 days

Post by Ckh55 »

Hello,
I have a 7 yr old kitty who has not eaten in 4 days. She has been sleeping pretty much all day. She has used the litter box and went outside just for a min but I’m terribly worried. She normally eats like a hog - 2 cans a day and dry food here and there. I noticed her making a licking gesture almost like she’s burping something up and then licking real quick to get it back down. But minimal. I seen her do it a few times but now she’s upstairs on my sons bed instead of downstairs as usual. If she doesn’t eat today, I’m going to take her to the vet. I’m just worried.
Mollycat
VIP Cat Chatter!
No. of cats in household: 1

Re: Kitty hasn’t eaten for 4 days

Post by Mollycat »

If you're sure she has eaten nothing or even very little for 4 days, don't wait and see if she eats today or not, ring the vet and make an appointment.

When you say she has used the litter tray - pees, or pees and poops? Poops after 4 days not eating is not necessarily a good sign, it could be but it might not be, depending on everything else. At the very least a chat with the vet.

If cats genuinely don't eat it does not take very long for potentially serious issues to set in, that's why don't wait. Don't panic, but don't wait.

On the other hand is it possible she could be getting nicer meals elsewhere?