Sprayed Raid to kill a roach... Now what?

IMPORTANT: If your cat is in any distress or discomfort, please consult your own vet as your first priority.
ash
New Cat Chatter

Sprayed Raid to kill a roach... Now what?

Post by ash »

I don't use raid regularly, but I genuinely have a fear of roaches. Im trying to work on it and i can handle most other bugs, but there's something about roaches... and by roaches, i mean those big Texas outdoor ones that are like 2 inches long, not including the antennae. (Little indoor ones freak me out too but as a clean freak, I don't get them). So I keep some of that raid roach killer for emergency cases.

Today, I guess one got in and while i tried to let my cat kill it or kill it myself using a shoe, it hid under the fridge and I ended up spraying raid to get it out. It's now dying (and drying) out on the floor. Im keeping an eye out to make sure neither of my cats approach it and I used the strongly lemon scented raid (which I hate) just so that the scent would keep the cats away. So far they're staying away, but Im still worried. If I just make sure to remove the roach (as soon as im positive it's dead-dead and i can muster up the courage to get rid of it) and maybe just wipe down the sprayed areas, is it okay?? Is there something else I could do? Should i like soak it in something before i wipe it down? I have no idea how resilient these chemicals are but im worried bc i know raid is supposed to keep bugs away for like weeks after it's sprayed.

The sprayed areas btw are the entryway to the kitchen, under the lower cabinets along the corners, and around the edge of the fridge. I know i didn't need to spray all that but i like to block any exits too because these texas roaches are insanely fast sometimes. My cats don't go around licking floors or anything but they do lick and clean their paws often.

Sorry I wrote so much and I know I may not get a response for a while, but I also need to know in case it comes up again.
macka
Frequent Cat Chatter
No. of cats in household: 3

Re: Sprayed Raid to kill a roach... Now what?

Post by macka »

I think you're gonna be okay. After disposing of the roach, just make sure to properly wash off the areas with some detergent soap and water, and then wipe it with water. I think you can also set up roach sticky traps, people do those as a preventative measure.

Good luck because I really sympathize with you on the whole cockroaches thing. They are just downright awful.